Wiki Posts
Search

757 Configuration

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2007, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
757 Configuration

Having flown on a 757 on all 5 segments I have flown so far this year, I have become increasingly annoyed with having to deplane at Row 8. I have been in F for each of these segments, and by the time I actually got off the plane, half of the other passengers behind row 8 are already off. One of the many things I enjoy about F has always been that we are first off the plane.^

Is this a new thing (opening the door at Row 8) or have I just been on the A321s more recently and not the 757?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 4:59 am

I've been flying on 757's for years and they always used the door behind row 8. It used to be all the rows in front of that door were first class, then they cut it back 3 or 4 years ago.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:37 am
Original Poster

I figured that forward of that door was FC at some point previously. Guess I've just been flying on Airbuses domestically and rarely got a 757! It doesn't help that the majority of my flying last year was international and I did everything I could to take a route that had the A330
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:36 am

Programs: CO/DL:Gold, UA:PremExec; Marriott:Gold, Hilton:Silver
Every 757 I've ever been on loaded and deplaned through the door behind Row 8...
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:39 am

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
On UA, the entire section in front of the door is F. Except for very few airports, they also deplane through that door as opposed to the very front.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by FreqFlyerPhil
Every 757 I've ever been on loaded and deplaned through the door behind Row 8...

Me too! Funny thing happened a few years ago in BDL. I was on a 321 in F. After we parked at the gate it took forever for the jetway to be in place. This was followed by lots of inter-phone activity between the cockpit and the FA's. The jetway operator brought the jetway to Door 2 on the 321, luckily he/she did not hit the engine. We waited for the jetway to get moved to Door 1. I think the Captain was about to have a heart attack. I'm certain the jetway operator got a "lecture" about the determining if the plane is a 321 or 757.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by natas43
I have been in F for each of these segments,
Eh? I want to be on your segments. As a CP I haven't been in F on a 57 all year.

Unless you're buying F. In which case I either want your expense account, your bank account, or whatever psycotropic drugs you're taking.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Gotta pick the right flights (and know when to call if you don't get the bump at your window)! This week was PHL>LAS. For some reason, F was wide open yesterday...people were getting upgraded at the gate. I have never seen that happen on any of the LAS flights I have been on.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:52 am

I think the only place where they used the 1L door was at the old DCA Interim terminal. Even in the islands where they use air-stairs, they use 2L and 4L.

AA is the only carrier I know of that uses 1L on a regular basis.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:54 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
[QUOTE=natas43;7190622](and know when to call if you don't get the bump at your window)! QUOTE]

The f/a should stand and HOLD everyone until 8-1 deplanes...but then again, as noticed in other posts, f/a's seem to just NOT care about elites anymore!

OT, but this system is TOTALLY broken....knowing "when to call" should NOT happen! Guess thats why I went with a system that works.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:22 am

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
What i cant believe is that USAir FF put up with US only having 8 First Class seats on a 757..CO tried this and FF revolted..they ended up going from 12 to 24 seats in First Class to accomodate our upgrades..CO listens to thier customers!@:-)
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:22 am

I saw a FA hold everyone till 1-8 exits the aircraft....but that was only once.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:54 am

Programs: US Gold, Avis CHM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
What i cant believe is that USAir FF put up with US only having 8 First Class seats on a 757..CO tried this and FF revolted..they ended up going from 12 to 24 seats in First Class to accomodate our upgrades..CO listens to thier customers!@:-)
Maybe CO listens, but clearly US does not listen or care in this regard.

Yeah I was appalled the first time I saw a 757 with only 2 rows of FC seating. I was actually holding a ticket for row 3 and just assumed that I was in First Class. Imagine my surprise!

Personally, I won't fly a US 757 unless there are simply no other choices available.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Have boarded a 757 by 1L once - that was at LAS back in 2002 (when US East was still in the A Concourse (they left, and ultimately came back to it)). It was odd considering I was used to 2L.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:39 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Playing devil's advocate...they typically run 757's to leisure markets where there is little paid F. It makes econmic sense. FLL is an exception in my book, but they seem to mixing up the fleet in FLL lately.

Of course, I'm CP and have only sat in F on a 757 once. Ever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.