Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why don't they "freshen" the PHL B-C Club?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2007, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Why don't they "freshen" the PHL B-C Club?

The B/C US Airways Club looks like it belongs to an airline teetering on the edge of liquidation (wait, that was last year! ). It seemed that the upholstery on just about every chair was ripped. A shame, too, because if they spent some money on maintenance, the Club could look sharp -- and project a much better image of the "new" US Airways to its presumably higher-spending clients.

I presume some of the $500 million in profits is now going to new Club furniture, right?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Those maroon leather chairs are truly unbelievable. Shameful, actually. I'm pretty sure I wasn't yet born when they were delivered.

Having said that, all things considered in PHL, I have to think they're pretty low on the priority list.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 2:34 am

It's a shame the club in A terminal is so nice. The other 2 have to suffer.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 6:17 am

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yes but they would have to take away the free pretzels and water for a year or so to get some nicer chairs.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 7:22 am

F in PHL is no prize either, but it is better than B/C.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Because it would cost money and they are a "low cost" carrier.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:14 am

Maybe some of the tray table advertisers would be willing to sponsor some of the chairs in the club.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:19 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I don't think any of the clubs have gotten new furniture since their initial openings:
B/C club opened in 1998
F club opened in 2001
A club opened in 2003

So, it would seem that the 10 year old club in B/C should get a minor makeover. Could simply replacing all the furniture cost THAT much in the larger scheme of things??
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
The B/C US Airways Club looks like it belongs to an airline teetering on the edge of liquidation (wait, that was last year! ). It seemed that the upholstery on just about every chair was ripped. A shame, too, because if they spent some money on maintenance, the Club could look sharp -- and project a much better image of the "new" US Airways to its presumably higher-spending clients.

I presume some of the $500 million in profits is now going to new Club furniture, right?
it's realative. B/C terminal in PHL is horrific. Escaping to a club there (even the shabby US club) seems like a huge step up!
A terminal is quite nice, club is also nicer. Sometimes it's not where you're escaping to but where you're getting from.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Have there been any rodent spottings in the PHL clubs lately? I can't recall reading about any in a while. I saw a rat running through the F club last summer, and when I told the desk agent it was pretty obvious they were well aware of the problem!
Old Feb 8, 2007, 3:51 pm

There are rats in the Philadelphia airport.

I saw one in 06/06 at the Asian Bistro running around the feet of the bartenders. One shrieked....the one that 'remembers me' looks at me and says 'don't worry, they are here, they are around, but we are aware of it and the food is kept way high and very secure'
Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Heinrich
There are rats in the Philadelphia airport.

I saw one in 06/06 at the Asian Bistro running around the feet of the bartenders. One shrieked....the one that 'remembers me' looks at me and says 'don't worry, they are here, they are around, but we are aware of it and the food is kept way high and very secure'
I saw one in the A US club. I was honestly scared to tell my GF in case she started screaming! What a joke. IMO, Philthadelphia deserves it's bad nickname - RATS in a U.S. international airport in 2007!!?? Are you f'n kidding me!?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
There was a huge rodent trap behind my seat at the B/C club on Wednesday. I was looking for an outlet for my laptop and saw the trap. Kind of disturbing. As was the stale dried fruit concoction they were offering.....
Old Feb 9, 2007, 8:01 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by natas43
There was a huge rodent trap behind my seat at the B/C club on Wednesday. I was looking for an outlet for my laptop and saw the trap. Kind of disturbing. As was the stale dried fruit concoction they were offering.....
In the trap or at the counter?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FWIW, my wife reports seeing a mouse (and yes, she insists it was a mouse not a rat) running through the D terminal of PHL last month.

I actually think such rodents are fairly common at Northeastern airports, at least in wintertime. A couple years ago, I had the pleasure of a mouse's company in the main President's Club at EWR. I guess an airport is really one big field -- rodent heaven.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.