Wiki Posts
Search

US AIR and seat counter/US seatmaps

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2007, 5:09 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Sorry it took awhile, but I was out.

749 22April AMS-PHL 15F/30Y available on a B767. Capacity is 23F/176Y.

Jim

Thanks so much.
I am quite amazed, actually, that there are only 30 seats left in Y 3 months ahead.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 5:16 pm

Programs: None
That does seem somewhat unusual. I've been keeping an eye on PHL-MAN for a trip we've got planned and it's showing less than half full on some days a little over two weeks out.

Maybe a group traveling together or something....

Jim
Old Jan 31, 2007, 5:35 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
That does seem somewhat unusual. I've been keeping an eye on PHL-MAN for a trip we've got planned and it's showing less than half full on some days a little over two weeks out.

Maybe a group traveling together or something....

Jim
There are no flights from AMS on Mondays this year, so that might also be a reason.

It's also interesting that US keeps selling pretty cheap tickets for this flight, especially with onward connections to NYC/BDL/PVD and such. There are still low economy S and G fares available, and yesterday I managed to grab the last ticket in T.

Do these numbers include overbooked seats, or are they the actual empty seats available on the plane?
Old Jan 31, 2007, 5:44 pm

Programs: None
They're supposed to reflect actual capacity and not the booking limit (though the two are the same in Envoy), and come directly from Sabre/Shares. With the IT department, though, who knows.....

Jim
Old Jan 31, 2007, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by elbejt2
Yes, seat maps. There are actually less seats showing up empty on the seat maps than are available seats reported...

Is this normal for US Air?
If you are just looking at seat maps, you are confusing two separate issues. Seats available for sale, ie availability displays, are not the same number of seats available for pre-assignment, ie seat maps. In other words, there may be no seats left available to pre-assign, but plenty left to sell. All scheduled carriers do this. Many seats are blocked for assignment at checkin, enabling airport staff to assign families together who arrive with no prior seat assignments, or simply those (and there are many) who arrive on the day with no preassigned seats, who wish to be together. My only advice would be to have a seat assigned at time of booking - if, at that point, there are no pre-assignable seats left you will need to check-in early on the day. It makes sense if you think about it.

Hope this helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.