Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do * Alliance European Code Share flights count as EQMs?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2006, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
Do * Alliance European Code Share flights count as EQMs?

I flew Austrian Air from Chisinau (Moldova) to Vienna to Amsterdam in Sept and have had no luck getting the credit for those flights. They were both booked on Austrian (a * Alliance partner) but:
* The first flight was operated by Air Moldova and I got an Air Moldova boarding pass.
* The connection was operated by Tyrolean Air and I got an OS (Austrian) boarding pass.
The Tyrolean aircraft even had OS logos, like US Airways commuter airlines have HP or US logos.

My invoice for the tickets shows that both were booked on OS and have OS flight numbers. I've sent in all the documentation (boarding passes and travel agency invoice ... and kept copies) but am now being told these flights don't qualify for credit because they were code shares, not OS metal.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of problem ... any ideas on how to get the credit (which I need to make my next Elite level, unless I buy some flowers)?
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
It states on US Airways' website that partner codeshares operated by a non-partner airline are no go's for FF credit

For example:

A Lufthansa flight number on SWISS metal will get you credit, becuase the vendor and operator are US partners (*A)

A Lufthansa number on Air India metal will not get you flight credit because although you have an LH #, AI is not a US partner (yet), and so you can't get credit...

The system gets rather confusing, especially when dealing with European codeshares since ther are many regional agreements

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.