Wiki Posts
Search

Mouse in the House - PHL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Silver, Hilton Diamond,
Talking Mouse in the House - PHL

This is just too funny to not post, irrelevant though it may be...

I'm at this moment sitting in the US Club in PHL, quietly dealing with business email when 5 minutes ago a woman starts screaming at the top of her lungs and jumps onto one of the leather chairs by the windows. She is on a phone call and in absolute hysterics. Turns out a mouse stuck it's head out from under the chair opposite from where she was sitting. She danced on that chair for a good 2 minutes until one of the US employees came over and told the woman she'd scared the critter away. I wonder how much US is paying that mouse to provide such delightful entertainment for the rest of us...
Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:52 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
How much did the mouse have to pay to join the club???
Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
I was in one of the clubs years ago, I thought it was the big central one in PIT, but maybe it was PHL, the place was fairly empty, and spent about 20 minutes being "entertained" by a mouse making it's excursions around the area. I mentioned it to the desk people on the way out, and they were aware of mice in the club. I am also pretty sure there was a thread here about club mice long ago, but I can't seem to find it with search.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
I was in the PHL club a month or so ago and saw at least four or five roaches.

A couple of them were quiet large.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:06 pm

OK, that was funny

But for all those not in the know, he means the human kind of roach. Its an inside joke.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:22 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
I was in the PHL club a month or so ago and saw at least four or five roaches.

A couple of them were quiet large.
Hey! I resemble that remark...
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by TomBascom
Not as much as a couple of the others.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Apr 20, 2005 at 2:30 pm
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:31 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Depends on which dimension we're measuring
Old Apr 20, 2005, 3:00 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by TomBascom
I think I do too!
Old Apr 20, 2005, 4:42 pm

About 2 yrs ago the PHL club had mouse glue pads behind many chairs...and I saw a mouse scoot right past one.

Second thought:
Maybe the mouse is there to announce a big expansion to MCO - the new Florida hub.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 6:01 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
E+ seating..

*d'oh* wrong thread!

Last edited by McFlyPHL; Apr 20, 2005 at 6:10 pm
Old Apr 20, 2005, 6:47 pm

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
Rodents a plenty in...

...Concourse F in PHL!!

If you have a curiosity to see little rodents, there's no better place. I had to overnight - yes, the ENTIRE night - in that most dreadful of places a few weeks ago, and I emerged several rodent sightings the wiser
Old Apr 20, 2005, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by ua_to_ord
...Concourse F in PHL!!

If you have a curiosity to see little rodents, there's no better place. I had to overnight - yes, the ENTIRE night - in that most dreadful of places a few weeks ago, and I emerged several rodent sightings the wiser
That's pretty bad, considering F is pretty new. I would expect they'd be around the A-East thru E terminals.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 7:53 am
SWG

Originally Posted by phlwookie
That's pretty bad, considering F is pretty new. I would expect they'd be around the A-East thru E terminals.
I have a fond memory of a trip through F about two years ago where there were flying ants everywhere as well.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by phlwookie
I wonder if F might be worse because it's on ground level? Maybe I'm wrong -- not really an expert on rodents....

Ironic that the City of Phila recently lowered landing fees slightly, rather than using surplus funds on the upkeep of the airport. Lots and lots of torn seats, stained walls, and and other wear-and-tear items that really should be taken care of before lowering landing fees, IMHO.

US should try harder to get on PHL's case about these things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.