Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways MasterCard 50K (now expired) offer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA, WN
US Airways MasterCard 50K (now expired) offer

Just log into my US Air account and found a banner for 50K miles for credit card. No minimum spend, $89.00 annual fee not waived first year.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: AADVANTAGE
I got this but am still waiting ton the miles to post, seemed like a decent deal. We'll see as they should have posted today.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We'll move this to the proper forum. As it says in the top-of-page "Announcement: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: NEW AMERICAN / AA and US Pre-Merger FORUM STRUCTURE", AA and US continue operating as separate airlines for the moment. /Moderator
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:19 pm

It also includes the $99 companion certificate. From a blog comment, there's also https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...5&cellNumber=5 with 10,000 anniversary miles. It's marked as "Exclusive offer for preferred members," but others may get approved.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:28 pm

I opened a 40K card about 5 weeks ago but have not yet received the 40K miles so I SM'd Barclay to see if they would match the 50k offer.

I figure it never hurts to ask.

Has anyone ever had luck with Barclay matching offers ?

Thanks
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Not available to those of us in the UK as always I presume?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I opened a 40K card about 5 weeks ago but have not yet received the 40K miles so I SM'd Barclay to see if they would match the 50k offer.

I figure it never hurts to ask.

Has anyone ever had luck with Barclay matching offers ?

Thanks
It's documented in the main thread on this card (in the credit cards forum):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ot-waived.html

Just read the last couple pages (plus the wiki).
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: US Gold & AA Lifetime Gold
Got the 40k card October 17. Yesterday SM'd Barclay asking for the extra 10k. They said no. I responded by asking them to reconsider and they said they would give me 5k more. Not the 10k I was hoping for but better than nothing.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Maz67
Got the 40k card October 17. Yesterday SM'd Barclay asking for the extra 10k. They said no. I responded by asking them to reconsider and they said they would give me 5k more. Not the 10k I was hoping for but better than nothing.
Barclaycard seems to have drawn a line in the sand at 11/1 or later applications getting the full 50k match, per the master thread. I applied 11/30 or 12/1 at 40k, and was promised the 50k via SM earlier today.

At least one person in the master thread reported success matching the 50k despite pre-11/1 application via HUCA and claiming all their friends got the match. YMMV.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT
US Airways MasterCard 50K new offer

I have two us Barclay cards open right now. chances of approval on a third?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 2:05 am

So I got approved for this. How do I use it? It says I need to book my flights via USAirways but from what I know, US Airways doesn't fly to my preferred destinations outside the US (Kathmandu, Nepal for example)
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The.walker
So I got approved for this. How do I use it? It says I need to book my flights via USAirways but from what I know, US Airways doesn't fly to my preferred destinations outside the US (Kathmandu, Nepal for example)
1. You need to book vai USAirways, but you don't need to book on USAirways, you can book on any oneworld alliance partner as well as a few non-alliance partners.

2. You can wait a few months and those will turn into AA miles. The oneworld alliance partners will stay the same, but the non-alliance partners may change a bit.

3. This is not really the right thread for figuring out how to book awards with US miles. If the above info isn't enough, please look for a thread specifically about booking with US miles on partners.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thewhitezone
I have two us Barclay cards open right now. chances of approval on a third?
It totally depends on whether you get "instantly" approved or not.

If you get "instantly" approved (ie, the computer does all the processing), the computer won't check that you have an existing card, and it's likely to approve you.

If it gets kicked for "further processing" to a human, forget it.

Meanwhile, no one knows what the key is to getting "instantly" approved; it's not anything simple.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
1. You need to book vai USAirways, but you don't need to book on USAirways, you can book on any oneworld alliance partner as well as a few non-alliance partners.

2. You can wait a few months and those will turn into AA miles. The oneworld alliance partners will stay the same, but the non-alliance partners may change a bit.

3. This is not really the right thread for figuring out how to book awards with US miles. If the above info isn't enough, please look for a thread specifically about booking with US miles on partners.
Ah cool.

Thanks. I was confused because I went to US Airways but the website wouldn't allow me to book my flights. Another silly question, say I booked my flights via Qatar Airways (they codeshare) using bonus miles, will I earn points off that trip too (a la someone purchasing tickets using their credit cards?)

Thank you.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by The.walker
Ah cool.

Thanks. I was confused because I went to US Airways but the website wouldn't allow me to book my flights. Another silly question, say I booked my flights via Qatar Airways (they codeshare) using bonus miles, will I earn points off that trip too (a la someone purchasing tickets using their credit cards?)

Thank you.
You will not earn miles on award travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.