Search

End of 2014 roll call

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
End of 2014 roll call

How has your year been?

I'm presently at 100,239 PQMs and 73 segments, with 2 more flights at Christmas. Total includes the 10k CC PQMs.

This is probably my last time as a flyer with high status. When US disappears next year, I'd likely fade away too.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:01 am

My wife and I will hit 100k PQM with our last flight of the year at Christmas. We travel only for pleasure, this will be our 2nd year hitting Chairman. Next year, we took advantage of a OW sale to Europe and booked 5 trips, we already have 72k planned, so we'll make 100k for another year. We have had a lot of fun flying US Airways.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:04 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

About 170,000 miles and 197 segments currently. I'll probably hit 213-215 segments before year end.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I'm going to end up right around 122k and 78 segments. I just had a PHX to PHL round trip come up that I'm trying to push to next year but it doesn't seem likely. It's too bad that I'll be about 3k short of 125k special dividend and a free club pass. I've let my club pass lapse until the new year to see if any club deals come out.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, LUS DM CP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Emerald Exec
At 102K and 82 segments now, with 3 more trips before the end of the year, will end up around 110K or so.

Going to see how the experience is with the integration in Spring/Summer before committing to making CP (or the AA equivalent I suppose now) by end of next year.

Most was work, with a couple of mileage runs thrown in earlier in the year before work schedule changed and it became apparent I'd hit 100K without any difficulty.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Ended this week with 95867 miles. Next week I have CAE-DCA-LGA-PHL-CAE and 2 weeks later the same route, ending with 99913 miles. I have to do another trip to NYC anyways, and perhaps to ORD thus I am going to break the 100k and make EXP for 2015. Should come handy with 8 SWUs taking family to LJU next year.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I will be a legitimate CP this year with 101K by the end of the year, thanks to a few mileage runs. I have been a buy-up CP for the past four years.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: free agent
Been a busier year than normal for me. Will end the year with 103K on US, but also did 52K on DL and 35K on AC.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
61k in 75 segments so far after 23k/32 last year. Two more trips planned, which means 4 more 500-mile segments. The total includes 5k for the club membership to start the year, and a few MRs (PHL-PHX-SEA RT and two PHL-DFWs) worth another 11k.

That's actually a pretty good landing spot for me - I'll be AA Plat next year, with the 100% bonus miles; my wife gets her own club membership with the 60k special dividend (and gets to use it in Feb when she travels solo to meet me in SAN); and I'll get 24 upgrade stickers to use to UG the rare >500 mile flights after the consolidation.

CP/EXP is so far off that I have zero temptation to try or regrets that I didn't get more MRs in.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
99,000 and 107 segments with 2 more trips, one to Europe. Easy qualification to CP on miles and should end at 116 segments. Busy year.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
I am currently at 94 segments and 87,048 miles (yes, a lot of short segments). I will probably end up at 104 with 105,000 after next month's travel including a PWM to ANC.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Like kudzu, I just cleared 100K ... this past weekend, where the two segments home were not upgraded -- a reminder of how the other half lives. I only flew 47 segments, and when I back out TATLs, a couple of CRJs, paid F, and a pre-April prophylactic "upgrade using miles," I was something like 28/31 on upgrades. I was 4/5 on AA, including two I would not have gotten on US, to and from HNL. So, sure, I can see some advantages to the coming merger, and I am very much looking forward to the 8 SWUs.

But, also like kudzu, I see myself fading away this coming year. I'm not saying that US is better than AA or even the new merged AA. I'm just saying the US system worked for me. My effective upgrade average was actually better than 28/31, because there were well over a dozen +1's in there (and a +2), and that's something that will be disappearing. Also disappearing will be the US Barclays MC -- the 10K PQMs on $25K spend, and the companion certificates were important props in making CP the last few years.

I'm hopeful that I will not need to fly the next 5 weeks, but after that I'll be wistfully using up whatever is left of the old US system ... and those 8 SWUs!
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
Slow year for me (mostly business travel) so I'll be just a shade under 60K and 46 segments. I'm really going to miss US. I've had two RT internationals in the last few weeks, trans-pac to PEK and trans-atlantic to ZRH, both completely on AA metal and the experience was horrible all the way through.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: CP Dividend Miles ,Lifetime Platinum Marriott Rewards, Diamond Hilton
now its time to use them

hit CP early this month, 8th time in 10 years, will retire end of next year hope to enjoy those miles on the new AA
Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
I'm currently at 132,168 miles and 81 segments. Interestingly, I hit around 120,000 in July and have been relatively home bound since then. I took many trips back and forth to HNL between January and August.

I have two more scheduled trips coming up - one short (PHL-BOS-PHL) and one transcon (PHL-SFO-PHL). But that can always change

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.