Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is Going on with the PHX-MZT flights?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2014, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
What is Going on with the PHX-MZT flights?

I had the following booked:

US736 (LAX-PHX) on 12/19
US5589 (PHX-MZT) on 12/20
[return is on AS, so no need for that]

Today, when I look at my reservation, it shows that there has been a schedule change and I've been bumped off of US5589 and placed on US656. When I called to get back on US5589, the agent said that it shouldn't be a problem and placed me on hold because she needed to find out more information about the change and see if she can get me back on the original flight.

However, when she came back on the line, she said that Inventory Management had restricted the flight and that all of the PHX-MZT flights on 12/20 are oversold in Y. It seems that US has gone from 4 flights down to 3, which could explain the oversell situation, but I think there is something else going on.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by fgirard
I had the following booked:

US736 (LAX-PHX) on 12/19
US5589 (PHX-MZT) on 12/20
[return is on AS, so no need for that]

Today, when I look at my reservation, it shows that there has been a schedule change and I've been bumped off of US5589 and placed on US656. When I called to get back on US5589, the agent said that it shouldn't be a problem and placed me on hold because she needed to find out more information about the change and see if she can get me back on the original flight.

However, when she came back on the line, she said that Inventory Management had restricted the flight and that all of the PHX-MZT flights on 12/20 are oversold in Y. It seems that US has gone from 4 flights down to 3, which could explain the oversell situation, but I think there is something else going on.
The 4 flights to 3 flights is probably a valid explanation. I had the same thing happen on a PHX-HNL flight on 12/17. They went from 2 flights to 1 flight, thereby placing me in a middle seat. I called and switched to 12/18 (which was originally what I wanted but cost $150 more) to get back to an aisle seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.