Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Airways Question - Old booking - Still US Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold
Turkish Airways Question - Old booking - Still US Miles?

I booked a flight from JFK to IST on Turkish Airlines on January 1, 2014 at the time of booking I entered my US Airways frequent flyer number. Will I still be able to get my miles for this flight to US (or AA)

And will my Sapphire OW status mean anything?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:42 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
This question is related to US Airways Dividend Miles rather than American Airlines AAdvantage, so I'll move this over to the US Airways forum.

~Moderator
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Joe Butch
I booked a flight from JFK to IST on Turkish Airlines on January 1, 2014 at the time of booking I entered my US Airways frequent flyer number. Will I still be able to get my miles for this flight to US (or AA)

Pretty sure the answer is no and no.

TK is a *A airline so OW won't mean anything.

Miles earning on TK for US Dividend Miles ended on July 31, 2014.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Time to think about a status match and credit to TK?

It requires multiple submissions (for me and SO) but TK eventually matched our status - think it was based on my EXP and her UA Gold. It's good for 2 years, gives you free lounge access in US if you're flying UA, even for domestic locations.

If you get status match, you have lounge access in IST (wonderful!) and some modest *A gold benefits. Even if you don't get a status match, might as well earn miles on TK - a nice comfortable ride in Y (and great ride in Comfort Class) and oft times the cheapest way to get to Europe - we've driven MSY-IAH twice in last 8 months to fly TK. TK miles may be hard to use and short lived, but they may prove of value.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by Joe Butch

You will not get miles on US or AA. You may, however, get miles on UA; that depends on your fare class. You can check UA's policies at www.united.com. Click on Mileage Plus, then on earning miles, then on airline partners, then on Turkish Airlines. If your fare class is listed, you can remove your US # from your booking an enter a UA # instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.