Wiki Posts
Search

Preferred desk hours

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA, DL
Question Preferred desk hours

Are there certain hours on the weekend that the preferred desk is open or do you just call and get any agent?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
"Preferred Desk" is marketing hype. You can call 24/7. When you punch in your DM# or the system otherwise recognizes you, you are directed ahead of the queue and to a more senior agent who may have a better understanding and be more willing to help you.

For this reason, you can dial any US # and get to the same place.

As a suggestion, if you are CP and have a sophisticated issue, calling during regular business hours in the US will get you to someone more senior.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by Often1
"Preferred Desk" is marketing hype. You can call 24/7. When you punch in your DM# or the system otherwise recognizes you, you are directed ahead of the queue and to a more senior agent who may have a better understanding and be more willing to help you.

For this reason, you can dial any US # and get to the same place.

As a suggestion, if you are CP and have a sophisticated issue, calling during regular business hours in the US will get you to someone more senior.
This is generally all true, but I would add that I've gotten fantastic service from very senior CP agents in the middle of the (Winston-Salem NC call center) night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.