Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1,000 Bonus Miles thru 6/30/14: New Routes from LGA

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
1,000 Bonus Miles thru 6/30/14: New Routes from LGA

Just got the following email from US:

Introducing 10 new daily non-stop flights
Together with American Airlines and American Eagle, we are excited to bring you more daily nonstop flights and added convenience between New York LaGuardia (LGA) and our 10 new destinations. To help us celebrate, you can earn 1,000 bonus miles every time you fly round-trip on one of these new routes through June 30, 2014.

Enjoy new daily nonstop flights between New York LaGuardia (LGA) and:

Charlottesville Albemarle, VA (CHO)
Dayton, OH (DAY)
Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem, NC (GSO)
Knoxville, TN (TYS)
Little Rock, AR (LIT)
Louisville, KY (SDF)
Norfolk, VA (ORF)
Richmond, VA (RIC)
Roanoke, VA (ROA)
Wilmington, NC (ILM)

All you have to do is register and provide your Dividend Miles number when booking.
Register here - http://shopping.usairways.com/promot...PromoCode=LGAN
Old May 8, 2014, 7:18 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Wonder how these will do. Just last Thursday I flew RIC-LGA on Envoy Air. The weather was generally good, nothing unusual across the entire region. Yet there were lots of cancelations on the board into/originating from NYC airports. My flight was delayed about 40 minutes. The reason given was simply "New York ATC".

My door to door time from office to home was about 5.5 hours. I coulda driven that.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Many of these are routes US operated prior to the US/DL slot swap, so I suspect they had fairly solid data supporting them.
Old May 9, 2014, 8:35 am

I find the additions of these routes very interesting given they were all given up to DL as part of the swap.

Kind of a brilliant ploy on Parker's part if he was thinking as far ahead as it seems: get slots at DCA at the expense of a few routes/slots/gates into LGA; acquire AA with their slots/gates; add back the highly profitable routes you just swapped.

DL is left without the capacity at DCA while US is almost back to where they were at LGA.
Old May 9, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
That's cute...it's kinda like a mini-H/S/J.
Old May 14, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta GM, US Gold, Amtrak S+
I'm not sure I completely understand the strategy behind the departure time on the LGA-ILM route.

As someone who often flies this route, I would say it makes sense to arrive early and leave later.

In Delta's case its very early and very late.
DL Route
ILM 6a -> LGA 7:41a
LGA 9:25p -> 11:11p

In American's case, you basically are going to miss half of your business day traveling.

AA Route
ILM 1:10p -> LGA 2:55p
LGA 11a -> ILM 12:45p

I think the ideal schedule to capitalize on business travel would be something like...
ILM 8a -> LGA 9:35a
LGA 5p -> 6:45p

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.