Wiki Posts
Search

Purchase Trial Preferred when I was Already Gold with American

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Purchase Trial Preferred when I was Already Gold with American

Hi,

Less than a month ago I paid $200 for silver trial preferred. Today in calling USair their automated message said that my American status would be honored on USAir flights. I am lifetime gold with American.

Is this correct or did I misunderstand? If correct, do you think I have a case for a refund?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Some of the benefits are being honored, as found in the reciprocal benefits threads. No upgrades at this point.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
And more importantly for the refund question, there have been no new reciprocal benefits added since before you signed up for Trial Preferred.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks, guess I will go with it.

I did see a guy on an American flight tell the gate agent he was some status with US Air (think he said Chairman but not sure) get an upgrade. He had to work at it a bit, asking the FA after boarding and seeing their was open seats in first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.