Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Pre-Order a fresh meal - Domestic Flight

Just got this email.

Order a fresh meal now for your upcoming flight
Make sure you get your first choice

To: Phoenix, AZ (PHX)
Date: January xx, 2013

We're trying out a new pre-order process that ensures you'll have your first choice of a fresh meal on your flight. Place your order online now, and we'll bring your meal right to your seat. Then, just pay on board with your debit or credit card.

It takes you to the US website where you can choose between the fruit/cheese, chef salad and chicken lovash. Still $8.

Has anyone else tried this, wondering what happens if I get upgraded.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium
I did this on a PHX-BOS flight late last fall. It actually worked out pretty well, on the whole, although I was not upgraded as a Gold. Amusing part was as they started the snack service, they announced over the PA "would Mr. scolbath and Mr. X please ring their flight attendant call button" - as we were apparently the only two that had ordered the meal

When the cart got back to my row, they asked me if I still wanted the meal - presumably they will just sell it if you do not. It came in a box with my name neatly printed on the side :-)

Originally Posted by puchalskir
Just got this email.

Order a fresh meal now for your upcoming flight
Make sure you get your first choice

To: Phoenix, AZ (PHX)
Date: January xx, 2013

We're trying out a new pre-order process that ensures you'll have your first choice of a fresh meal on your flight. Place your order online now, and we'll bring your meal right to your seat. Then, just pay on board with your debit or credit card.

It takes you to the US website where you can choose between the fruit/cheese, chef salad and chicken lovash. Still $8.

Has anyone else tried this, wondering what happens if I get upgraded.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Choice Gold, Hilton Diamond, US CP
I used to do this all the time when Delta operated their SONG flights. it was great. never had to worry about them running out of what I wanted by the time they got to my row.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
I too did this last fall. It worked ok, but the FA's advised me to always tell them if you pre-order a meal - they don't always notice and could potentially sell your meal to someone else.

I hope that once they get the kinks out they will add more options.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Maybe I'll try it just for fun. Of course, if they call my name I'll be thinking I'm being upgraded instead of just getting lunch
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Just got this email for this first time this morning...does anyone know what happens if you pre-order a meal and then get upgraded after you've ordered? Do they cancel the pre-order and/or refund the purchase?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, American Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gruss
Just got this email for this first time this morning...does anyone know what happens if you pre-order a meal and then get upgraded after you've ordered? Do they cancel the pre-order and/or refund the purchase?
You don't pay for it before, you pay on the plane. If you get upgraded they simply sell your meal. I always pre-order and half the time I get upgraded. Nothing to worry about.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Warp
You don't pay for it before, you pay on the plane. If you get upgraded they simply sell your meal. I always pre-order and half the time I get upgraded. Nothing to worry about.
^
Wow, I've gotta start asking questions like this instead of just lurking on the board like I have for years. (So thanks to Gruss for asking the question.) I have thought about doing the meal before, but never have because I always thought it meant paying in advance. I pictured them bringing it to my upgraded seat alongside the FC meal, saying no refunds so gotta take it! So thanks for the info -- no more starving on long flights when I dont get an upgrade!
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by Warp
Cool, thanks. This is good to know.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
So, is it possible to get a better meal if you're in fc on a transcon? I have a few trips coming up and would like an edible entree without bringing sbarro onboard.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by burlax
So, is it possible to get a better meal if you're in fc on a transcon? I have a few trips coming up and would like an edible entree without bringing sbarro onboard.
First Class Meals are always better, seats are better, drinks are free. I do like the salads in back, but I'd always take a FC meal.

Are you asking if it is possible to get something from the back in FC? I've never asked before, but if you did ask I bet they wouldn't have a problem doing that, but I'm sure they would charge you.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by JRRinNC
^
Wow, I've gotta start asking questions like this instead of just lurking on the board like I have for years. (So thanks to Gruss for asking the question.) I have thought about doing the meal before, but never have because I always thought it meant paying in advance. I pictured them bringing it to my upgraded seat alongside the FC meal, saying no refunds so gotta take it! So thanks for the info -- no more starving on long flights when I dont get an upgrade!
Yeah, one time I preordered a meal and had forgotten about it, had a longer layover, ate a big lunch. Got on the plane and they were like here is your meal. I bet my jaw just about dropped. She asked if I didn't want it anymore, I apologized, she took the sticker off and said no problem, I'm sure we won't have a problem selling it.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:14 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
I've been given the packaged meals in fc for no charge. Usually, only if they're left over after coach service though..
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Nevermind. This is possible only on int'l flights. There appears to be no way to choose a domestic flight on DineFresh.
Old May 31, 2013, 7:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
I just got this email for my flight on Monday. Strange thing is, I have already been upgraded to First.

I guess the email system doesn't know when people have been upgraded. Too bad you can't pre order your first class meal to make sure that you get your selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.