Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We'll assign your seats at check-in" for CLT-NYC at Christmas?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2013, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
"We'll assign your seats at check-in" for CLT-NYC at Christmas?

I am used to the Shuttle not permitting you to pick a seat in advance; a message appears stating, "The seat map is unavailable for this flight; we'll assign your seat at check-in" or the like.

Is this method growing to other routes, or just other routes at peak times?

Today I booked a CLT-NYC trip, with a connection on the way to NYC, at Christmas, on likely a very busy travel day. The same message appeared, and only one image of a plane (an A321) appeared, even though the connection is on a Dash-8 for the rest of the way to NYC or the like.

Just curious! I sure hope to be upgraded or at least given an exit row.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
US, like most carriers, holds seats for assignment at the gate. Anecdotally, it holds a lot more around holidays, maybe because there are more families traveling and it's a nuisance and delays flights while people separated from their kids rant.

I wouldn't sweat this at all. Call US if it's a real issue on a micro-haul such as this.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:58 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Just curious! I sure hope to be upgraded or at least given an exit row.
Your chances of upgrades on a Dash-8 are very low, I'd suspect

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.