Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Club

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up US Airways Club

On a business trip and have had to have long layovers at United Clubs in Denver and US Airways Club in Charlotte. This is the first time I have been to both the same day. United has a slightly better breakfast variety, but no oatmeal. The toasted bagel and cream cheese was nice. Coffee selection was reg or decaf .... Their one coffee maker in both clubs wasn't working. what really struck me was lack of electrical outlets to plug my laptop into. lunch time cheese and crackers and cookies with a selection of mixes. With US Airways I got into at five, so had veg soup, cheese and crackers, olives and cappuccino. We often critize US ,but really there is not much difference,except US has outlets everywhere. They seemed to have realized what a business traveler wants and needs. Ontime flights, clean planes and a place to work. They have come a longways in a few years. When I had to wash my hands getting off their planes.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: US-G/*G, SPG-G, MR-G, Avis-F
I think the RCC's in DEN are some of the better ones. Much better than our US club in PHL B/C.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:30 pm

The furniture at the United Club in Denver was filthy dirty the last time I was there (in September). Hopefully they've cleaned the chairs since then.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:46 am
Original Poster

The Denver Clubs were not what I would call sparkling clean, but just a notch up from the cleanliness (or lack thereof) of the US planes before the big push for clean on-time planes. The B-C Club I always felt was clean although worn.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I would most certainly prefer the US PHL clubs over the DEN RCC's. The DEN RCCs are well worn and are usually full of people running around without much division on seating. At least the US PHL clubs have dividers, plugs, and a few areas where one can be sane when some of the early afternoon banks leave or the 6pm west-coast banks leave.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Not to mention, it is close to impossible to get a smile out of the staff at the Denver RCC. A smile can go a long way.....
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: US-G/*G, SPG-G, MR-G, Avis-F
I always get a nice hello and smiles from the gatekeepers there. The folks up the escalators, not so much.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5-Star, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
I would most certainly prefer the US PHL clubs over the DEN RCC's. The DEN RCCs are well worn and are usually full of people running around without much division on seating. At least the US PHL clubs have dividers, plugs, and a few areas where one can be sane when some of the early afternoon banks leave or the 6pm west-coast banks leave.
I can never find a quiet place to sit and work at some of the RCC's...I have to agree here that the US clubs in both PHL and CLT provide some means of separation that make it feel less crowded and less noisy.

I may be wrong here but also I heard last time I was there in the B/C lounge that they might be renovating it a bit this year? I know the Club by the F gates is getting an overhaul (along with most of the retail locations at the core of the F concourse...). I am sure I have also seen this information in another thread a while back (yeah, I mostly lurked this forum for a long time...lots of great tips and info I have taken away! Now that my work will have me travelling even more I figure I should participate and give back if I can! )
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Originally Posted by cwy1980
I can never find a quiet place to sit and work at some of the RCC's...I have to agree here that the US clubs in both PHL and CLT provide some means of separation that make it feel less crowded and less noisy.

I may be wrong here but also I heard last time I was there in the B/C lounge that they might be renovating it a bit this year? I know the Club by the F gates is getting an overhaul (along with most of the retail locations at the core of the F concourse...). I am sure I have also seen this information in another thread a while back (yeah, I mostly lurked this forum for a long time...lots of great tips and info I have taken away! Now that my work will have me travelling even more I figure I should participate and give back if I can! )
First time in US Air Club since they instituted the hot soup and olive salad. GREAT ADDITION. I agree the US Air Clubs in both PHL and CLT provide good separation which definitely keeps the noise down and the feel of much less crowding . In particular the Club in CLT A is very well laid out and well kept.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: SPG Gold-no diff than Plat, so who cares; Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, US CP
Question

Originally Posted by marlee1421
First time in US Air Club since they instituted the hot soup and olive salad. GREAT ADDITION.
Huh???? is this one of the buy in club entrees (which are pretty good in CLT).
Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5-Star, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by tashworth
Huh???? is this one of the buy in club entrees (which are pretty good in CLT).
Hmm, Yeah I didn't notice that either going through PHL B/C club a couple weeks ago. I am going back through there tomorrow afternoon...will have to be on the look-out. Also, haven't been through the PHL A club in about a year when I went to London...ah well, look forward to seeing what is there tomorrow!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I enjoyed the new soup in the PHL B/C club. So, when I visited the TPA club last weekend, I was surprised to find very little food. They had trail mix and a few bags of chips ... oh and some apples. So I guess the foods are not standard across the Clubs?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by apeortdz
So I guess the foods are not standard across the Clubs?
The added food at the PHL clubs are there because of the Envoy flights. The food is only supposed to be there around the time of Envoy departures. I haven't been to the club early enough to really comment on when they put them out. It's also supposed to be at the CLT club, but I haven't been there since the removal of the Envoy lounge in PHL so I can't comment on the food change there.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
The PHL B/C club always has cheese and crackers (even when the Envoy Club was in full force). I was surprised to see no cheese and crackers in the TPA club. But no biggie - I am only in TPA once a year.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EP
Where's the Scottish shortbread?

Originally Posted by javacodeguy
The added food at the PHL clubs are there because of the Envoy flights. The food is only supposed to be there around the time of Envoy departures. I haven't been to the club early enough to really comment on when they put them out. It's also supposed to be at the CLT club, but I haven't been there since the removal of the Envoy lounge in PHL so I can't comment on the food change there.
From my experience so far, I tend to agree that the 'Fire Roasted Vegetable Soup' and olives tray are only being there for the Envoy flights. At CLT, the soup is available only from 6:00PM onward. Prior to that it's just cheese & crackers, Milano cookies and, of course some fruits.

I also notice that Scottish shortbread has gone... Since beginning of the year, I have not seen it available in either PHX or CLT. BTW, does anyone know if US has stopped Scottish shortbread? I love the stuff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.