Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Shuttle Offers Elite Limo Service at New York LaGuardia?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP
US Shuttle Offers Elite Limo Service at New York LaGuardia?

I am on the 7:00PM shuttle from DCA-LGA tomorrow. This is my first time on a shuttle flight and I was looking at the features vs. a non-shuttle flight.

What does US offer in the way of the Elite Limo Service at LGA? It can't be complementary right? Do they offer a discounted fare? Or is being able to reserve a limo through US the only benefit. I was confirmed for an upgrade at the 48 hour window if that makes any difference.

I appreciate any insight.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Heels05
I am on the 7:00PM shuttle from DCA-LGA tomorrow. This is my first time on a shuttle flight and I was looking at the features vs. a non-shuttle flight.

What does US offer in the way of the Elite Limo Service at LGA? It can't be complementary right? Do they offer a discounted fare? Or is being able to reserve a limo through US the only benefit. I was confirmed for an upgrade at the 48 hour window if that makes any difference.

I appreciate any insight.
Interesting, I've never heard of this...anyone?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by johndeere19
Interesting, I've never heard of this...anyone?
I think he means this:

Elite Limo service at New York LaGuardia (reserve your limo at any US Airways Shuttle kiosk or with an agent when you check in)
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:15 pm

Got that, just wondering if there are any more details...fees, restrictions, etc.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
It's a $55.00 flat rate anywhere into the city that includes tax and tip. You can book it through the kiosk at the airport when checking in (it should ask if you'd like to purchase it), but an advance reservation isn't necessary.

Look for the small US Airways Shuttle Sedan Service kiosk in the lower level of the terminal in LGA right before exiting. Then, look for the signs in the passenger pickup area.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 7:22 pm

Damn, so no free chauffeur limo for US F like Virgin Upper Class...what is the world coming to?
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by johndeere19
Damn, so no free chauffeur limo for US F like Virgin Upper Class...what is the world coming to?
It's really the only difference between USAirways First Class and Virgin Upper Class...
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP
US Silver Desk gave me the number for the limo company. They quoted me $35 from LGA to Park Slope, Brooklyn area. It sounds like it would be worth your time/money to call the company ahead of time to see if your destination is cheaper with tip than $55 before booking with US.

The car service number is (718) 446-8700
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Heels05
US Silver Desk gave me the number for the limo company. They quoted me $35 from LGA to Park Slope, Brooklyn area. It sounds like it would be worth your time/money to call the company ahead of time to see if your destination is cheaper with tip than $55 before booking with US.

The car service number is (718) 446-8700

I didn't know that the prices were flexible. Everytime I've used the kiosk to checkin, the prompts always say $55, so I assumed that was a flat rate.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
I didn't know that the prices were flexible. Everytime I've used the kiosk to checkin, the prompts always say $55, so I assumed that was a flat rate.
the pricing may be by borough. I got a $55/ride prompt on my last US flight.

The $55 seems a bit steep considering hired car service from LGA-city IIRC is much less. Here is a link to FT-suggested services.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...-services.html
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Thumbs down

Purchased 55 bucks at checkin in DCA. Ticket had no instructions. Arrived JFk and asked a USAirways desk, they told me to walk out past security and see another desk. Walked out past security and there was a bold "elite car service" sign. No one staffed there (11PM arrival is late). Inquired at USAirways baggage. They called a car for me (good folks in that office btw!). Car came 25 min later.

Would never use again. No cars there upon arrival. Might as well get a taxi with less hassle, wait time and cost. I assumed they would have someone with a placard with my name on it. Instead its a prepaid voucher for a car hire service and they call the car for you when you get out of security.

No offense to USairways, but I normally fly United and I don't think they would sell me this product, which is flawed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.