Search

US Airways website: Post bugs and problems here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Exclamation US Airways website: Post bugs and problems here

This thread is to be used for posting bugs and other problems encountered when using the new usairways.com beta website.

I have moved all the bug/problem identification posts from the discussion thread on this into topic into this new thread.

PLEASE only use this thread to identify specific problems or bugs with the website. Discussion about the site should continue in the'New usairways.com on the way' thread. I have moved all the specific problem posts from that thread into this one.

If someone here has contacts at US that might be able to draw the attention of this thread to the US website team, given the caliber of users here, this could be an excellent resource for them -- and make life much better for us when they take this new site live. @:-)

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; May 30, 2009 at 3:38 pm
Old Apr 27, 2009, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat; UA Silver; Marriott Platinum;
Just accepted the invite to book at the beta site. Liked the look and feel but found a bug I didn't like. While it accepted my DM number and appeared to let me book seats for my wife and myself (I am plat and she is silver) in the exit row; when I processed the reservation it took my money and gave me confirmation number. However, it also returned an error message saying it could not assign the seats requested and gave me other seats which I believe were "choice". I thought the program may have missed that we were both preferred but now I believe it just didn't want to book the exit row. While I changed it on the phone, it was an unnecessary extra step and should be corrected. In addition I think the program should bounce the seats before it takes your money. For a seat neurotic such as myself, I would be very upset if I was misled into booking a seat I could not have.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 4:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
From a quick glance, I also noticed DCA-MEM, BOS-AMS, NYC-LAX, BOS-IAH, LGA-AUS, and other random point-to-point nonstop flights (like DTW-BNA) that shouldn't be there.
It's mis-interpreting flight data I gather, the AMS-PHL flightnumber is also put on the PHL-BOS flight and vice versa, airline marketing at its best...
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
I was playing around with it a bit yesterday- and yes, (finally!!), I am able to see all of my reservations in one place which was nice.

However, I still cannot download those reservations to Outlook - the link to do so is also broken on the current site as well. I wish they would just remove the link if it is not going to work properly.

Overall, I was pretty underwhelmed.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Plat
Well, since some of you were saying that you can now see all reservations, I just tried the beta to see if I could pull up any of my transatlantic reservations, which have never appeared online before. They still do not appear on the new site. These bookings are made through our travel service, and are US over the water, with a Spanair or Lufthansa connection in Europe. In fact, not only do they not show up online, they never seem to clear automatically for upgrades (on domestic connections to PHL, or op ups internationally), again presumably due to the non-US (albeit *A) segment in the record.

If they have been investing in updating their systems, it is very disappointing that they have not addressed this problem in the process.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:08 am

...and speaking of bugs... Forgive me for being pedantic, but when I went to use the Feedback link, I was presented with a text box which says "Your feedback (500 word maximum)". After writing my feedback, I receive a message saying "The feedback field is limited to 500 characters. Please remove 321 characters". So how exactly am I supposed to send a 500-WORD comment?

And really, who can explain a technical issue in a coherent and useful way in 500 characters?
Old May 1, 2009, 8:13 am

One other note, there seems to be some "bugs" on flight listings. I just did a phantom booking on BETA to check F seat availability on a booked agenda (PHL-LAX-SAN-PHX-PHL), NONE of my flights were listed on BETA, I went back to the old site and they were there with plenty of seats.
Old May 7, 2009, 9:03 am

Shall we start a bug list? I've several, but here's a fun one:

When viewing a reservation, the icons for mailing, printing, and downloading are mismatched. The printer is with the "email" link, the download arrow is with the "print details" link, and the envelope is with the "download" link.
Old May 7, 2009, 12:30 pm

Programs: US-Chairman, Hyatt_Diamond
The Phone Number

I tried using the phone number listed on the screen, The person who answered said the number listed was incorrect and USAirways is trying to fix it. A question to our WEB savy readers......... is the change of a static number difficult to do. Seems a little basic to me.
Old May 23, 2009, 11:16 am

Programs: US CP
So, how is everyone getting along with the new site?

I have a TA flight in about two weeks that I booked over the phone with US that I can't see on the new site - not by confirmation, ticket, or DM number. It also doen't show up in my DM account. I'm sure my DM number is on the ticket; I've flown a leg and the miles posted.

The new site seems to be on all the time now. Any word on when the old one will be closed?
Old May 23, 2009, 12:22 pm

i can't get the seat map to open up on an existing itinerary -- i think it's because i'm on a flight (771) that has an equipment change (CDG-CLT on a 767, continuing to SFO on a 321). not like the old site would load that flight (either segment) but at least i could use the seat maps on the other flights on the reservation.

on the new site i just get the "Choose your seats / Initializing seatmap" popup that then disappears without allowing me to view the seat map on any segment (even non #771). so i hope they don't take down the old site (i'm still trying to get a better seat on one of my outbound segments) until they fix it on the new one!

edit: i sent them an email about this a week or so ago but haven't heard back (not really expecting a response, just hoping it'll be fixed)

Last edited by jonk; May 23, 2009 at 12:35 pm
Old May 23, 2009, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Sally4th
I have a TA flight in about two weeks that I booked over the phone with US that I can't see on the new site - not by confirmation, ticket, or DM number. It also doen't show up in my DM account. I'm sure my DM number is on the ticket; I've flown a leg and the miles posted.
Do you by any chance have a connecting flight on another carrier (even another *A carrier) on the same record? I consistently experience this same issue - with both the old USAirways site and the new beta site - whenever I have a transatlantic itinerary that includes a LH or JK short-haul connection in Europe (which is most of the time for me). Even though the ticket is issued by USAirways and they are the over-the-water carrier, the online system won't find it for any purpose (seat assignment, check-in, etc.) due to the presence of the other carrier's flight. So much for "seamless" alliance travel...
Old May 23, 2009, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by jonk
i can't get the seat map to open up on an existing itinerary -- i think it's because i'm on a flight (771) that has an equipment change (CDG-CLT on a 767, continuing to SFO on a 321). not like the old site would load that flight (either segment) but at least i could use the seat maps on the other flights on the reservation.

on the new site i just get the "Choose your seats / Initializing seatmap" popup that then disappears without allowing me to view the seat map on any segment (even non #771). so i hope they don't take down the old site (i'm still trying to get a better seat on one of my outbound segments) until they fix it on the new one!

edit: i sent them an email about this a week or so ago but haven't heard back (not really expecting a response, just hoping it'll be fixed)
I have this exact same issue with an itinerary that has a *A connect. First segment is US, 2d is LH. The old site lets me open the seat map and make my US seat selection, but of course it can't display the LH seat map. The new site just craps out in much the same manner as you describe.
Old May 23, 2009, 4:58 pm

The new site seems to be on all the time now. Any word on when the old one will be closed?
After changing two itineraries over the phone, the "Your Flights" section of the new website is totally foobar for me. It displays entirely wrong random dates for the itinerary, as well as claims that my itinerary is from DCA to... DCA.

(And yes, my confirmations are actually correct; the old website displays properly, and the agent over the phone confirmed).

...I wouldn't expect the new website to exit beta anytime soon.
Old May 24, 2009, 7:10 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Preferred
I find the new site extremely slow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.