Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A321 Seats - Row 10

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2009, 2:27 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by mastertrust
I agree on 9D and 9E. 10A is terrible. No shoulder room and as I recall the slide pocket on the door requires you angle your legs to the right.
The slide pocket is only a problem on the 757, from my recollection.

10A and 10F are great if you like to lean against something when you sleep. If you have very broad shoulders, go with 9D or 9E.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 1:27 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
do 9 D/E recline (as there is an "exit row" behind them)?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Originally Posted by OverpaidSlacker
do 9 D/E recline (as there is an "exit row" behind them)?
I'm also curious if 9 D/E recline as my SO and I are coming off long-haul and going onto the 321 PHL-SFO and would like to have some comfort.

Can anyone clarify please as Seatguru says there is, whilst SeatExpert says there is not....ARGH!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:38 am

I am a big 9E fan for long hauls. Plenty of leg room, only 1 adjacent passenger, non-aisle, and you aren't pinched up against the door. 9E is also usually available because most people think 'E' means middle.

I don't personally like 22 because that is where the line to the lav always ends up and I can't sleep with the lav door constantly opening and closing. Not to mention the smell.....
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: USAirways CP
I believe Rows 8,9, 21D-F and 20A-C don't recline due to exit rows behind them or the lav.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:24 am

There is no slide pocket protruding at 10A on the A321. I have never noticed a width difference for that seat either. It is also my fav.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: US Silver, HHonors Silver
I'm an aisle guy myself and I love 10C. The room in front is incredible, and while I'm a slightly bigger guy, the seat width doesn't bother me. Actually, I kind of like it because it keeps my neighbors legs from protruding into my seat if they're a little wide in the hips.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Originally Posted by richinaz
I believe Rows 8,9, 21D-F and 20A-C don't recline due to exit rows behind them or the lav.
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I suspected this to be the case, now it's just whether or not we can handle this long run after just getting off the LHR-PHL run and no recline, the stretching out should be good. If we are lucky we'll get bumped to 'F' as I'm CP this year but not counting my stars since most of my travel is on LH instead of US metal and I know that's part of their algorithm of deciding who goes up front.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by richinaz
Row 8 ABC and 20ABC have limited recline because of the wall/lav behind them. 8DEF and 21DEF have regular recline because there is ample space between them and the exit. I checked the 321 I was working the other day and in that airplane row 9 also had recline.
YMMV as this is info on the east 321, don't know any specs on the west versions.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: US PP, Marriott S, Hilton S
Originally Posted by GalleyWench
Row 8 ABC and 20ABC have limited recline because of the wall/lav behind them. 8DEF and 21DEF have regular recline because there is ample space between them and the exit. I checked the 321 I was working the other day and in that airplane row 9 also had recline.
YMMV as this is info on the east 321, don't know any specs on the west versions.
9E/F have reclined in every configuration of A321 I have seen. Although it is worth noting that some 321's have a structure behind the row 8 seats, so you must stow your bags in the overhead bin.

FWIW, I tend to prefer 9F. Since the tray tables tend to be on the left side, that makes 9F just a little wider than E.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Give me 22DEF any day - a mile of legroom and underseat storage, plus if you board in zone 1 or 2, there won't be too many back there yet competing for overhead space if you need it.

Also, all this thread should be valid for both the East and West 321s. I'm only aware of one config.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: US CP, Hertz Pres Cir, HH Dia, Marriott Gold
Getting cozy in 10A next week on a flight out west (best option on full flight). F is full and only a miracle will help. I've never sat in this seat and the seat width thing has me a little scared. I'm not thin, but not really large either. Usually what ends up making things uncomfortable for me is having someone with broad shoulders next to me. Is the width really noticeable or am I unecessarily worried.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by CTflyer51
Getting cozy in 10A next week on a flight out west (best option on full flight). F is full and only a miracle will help. I've never sat in this seat and the seat width thing has me a little scared. I'm not thin, but not really large either. Usually what ends up making things uncomfortable for me is having someone with broad shoulders next to me. Is the width really noticeable or am I unecessarily worried.
When I sat there I did look over my left shoulder to figure out why I felt a bit cramped. Not terribly bad, because I would probably choose that seat again--especially if I were just going to sleep. What was difficult was trying to read a paper without bothering the guy next to me.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Silver
Was there an answer on whether 9DE recline?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: US PP, Marriott S, Hilton S
Originally Posted by munjalm
Was there an answer on whether 9DE recline?
I know that I may not command much authority since this will be my 4th post ("long time lurker, short time poster," and all that...), but in my experience (as I mentioned a few posts above) every 9E/F seat I've been on has reclined.

I actually consider those to be among the best seats on an A321 (with 10A/F also being desirable).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.