Community
Wiki Posts
Search

award routings to australia

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2008, 12:35 am
Original Poster

award routings to australia

Does the australia award allow routing via asia? Is stopover allowed in Asia?

Or can you open jaw into two regions. Into Asia return from Australia?

I read something about a 4 segment maximum. Does that still apply?

Would like to do:

JFK-BKK-DPS-SIN-PER

Return from PER would be shortest way possible. Would like to stopover in DPS.
Old May 4, 2008, 12:59 am

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hindukid
Does the australia award allow routing via asia? Is stopover allowed in Asia?

Or can you open jaw into two regions. Into Asia return from Australia?

I read something about a 4 segment maximum. Does that still apply?

Would like to do:

JFK-BKK-DPS-SIN-PER

Return from PER would be shortest way possible. Would like to stopover in DPS.
Yes, you can route to Australia via Asia.

Yes, you can stopover in Asia en-route.

Dunno on the open-jaw. Probably, but the distance between the two ends of the open-jaw would need to be less than the total distance from either point back to your origination point. I think...

According to US, there is no set maximum/minimum number of segments - they will book whatever they need to get you there. Some agents have quoted a max of 4 in each direction, but I've consistently been able to get 5. Never been able to get 6 (can on UA), and anything beyond isn't supported within their booking system (or so I've read).

Routing looks fine (subject to availability), but keep in mind that US charges a very high premium for award travel transiting South Asia, and you'll likely be charged that rate if you stopover in South Asia.

Based on your preferred routing, I'm assuming you'll fly coach or business? If so, you might consider keeping your itinerary to only US/Australia/North Asia. Connect in HKG and just buy a cheap ticket HKG-DPS. Or if the 40k point difference doesn't matter, stick with your original routing.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.