Search

FA Displacement List

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
FA Displacement List

Greetings fellow flyers. I saw a list of displaced US Airways flight attendants online. I was wondering, within US Airways, does the term "displaced" mean furloughed? Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Greetings fellow flyers. I saw a list of displaced US Airways flight attendants online. I was wondering, within US Airways, does the term "displaced" mean furloughed? Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.
Hello Displaced does not mean furloughed most of the times or any...

That is a list of Flight Attendants who have been "Junior Assigned" or in terms of what flight crews call JA'd as in F***ed over...

When a base closes or has less lines with the same amount of coverage, they will displace crews to other bases that needs the reserve coverage.

Mesa does this all the time...I have 5 friends at JFK who just got their Displacement papers and is being JA'd to Atlanta or Orlando...

Boo on Mesa!

Where was this list?
Old Apr 2, 2007, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Hello Displaced does not mean furloughed most of the times or any...

That is a list of Flight Attendants who have been "Junior Assigned" or in terms of what flight crews call JA'd as in F***ed over...

When a base closes or has less lines with the same amount of coverage, they will displace crews to other bases that needs the reserve coverage.

Mesa does this all the time...I have 5 friends at JFK who just got their Displacement papers and is being JA'd to Atlanta or Orlando...

Boo on Mesa!

Where was this list?
It's an old list, but I was still curious.

http://www.afausairways.org/Eline/may9a_03.htm

Thank you for your comments.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
It's an old list, but I was still curious.

http://www.afausairways.org/Eline/may9a_03.htm

Thank you for your comments.
Good...I was concerned...such lists should not be made available publicly at all...even an outdated pre-merger list...
Old Apr 2, 2007, 6:55 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Gotta love it COMPANY PERFORMANCE OR LACK THEREOF

"Give us a chance" - Doug Parker
"We need to do better" - Scott Kirby

As you have no doubt experienced, read or seen the Company is not performing well. The combination of the reservation system cutover and the weather have put the Company in a position of not being able to do what is supposed to do- provide timely service to the passengers who choose to "fly with US". There are no excuses as the root cause of this is primarily driven by management. The combined airline is now much larger than management or its' systems can support. There is absolutely no reason two weeks after the new reservation system cutover the airline continues to meltdown at the drop of a snowflake. True, weather does play a factor, but in the twenty five years I have been here I have never seen such a poorly managed operation. Bad weather was not invented yesterday and neither were mergers. Even in our darkest days nothing came close to what we are seeing today.

While they may be "working around the clock to fix" the problems, management is not facing the customers. Frontline employees system-wide are unable to do their jobs because they either have not been provided the training or provided the necessary tools. In the end the losers are our customers and our frontline employees.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 7:01 pm

Actually, US is in the process of doing a huge displacement. Base transfers normally close about 1 1/2 months before the month involved. For example, June transfers would normally close around the middle of April. June is always a busy month for PHL transfers because of all the supplemental transatlantic flying, and there are always a lot of openings. For some reason, this year they decided to close the June transfers in the middle of March...a month early. This took quite a few people by surprise, and disappointed a lot more that had wanted to go to PHL for the summer. The end result was that they didn't get nearly enough people in the transfer to fill the vacancies. Therefore, they are now in the process of displacing about 150 people out of CLT and PIT into PHL to cover the openings. Many were hoping that they would just reopen the bid and close it in the normal time-frame but I guess that's not going to happen. It would certainly cut down on the number of displacements, possibly even negating them completely.
Regardless of the time frame, I do hope that there are no lists published on this website or any other like it. Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2007, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by GalleyWench
Actually, US is in the process of doing a huge displacement. Base transfers normally close about 1 1/2 months before the month involved. For example, June transfers would normally close around the middle of April. June is always a busy month for PHL transfers because of all the supplemental transatlantic flying, and there are always a lot of openings. For some reason, this year they decided to close the June transfers in the middle of March...a month early. This took quite a few people by surprise, and disappointed a lot more that had wanted to go to PHL for the summer. The end result was that they didn't get nearly enough people in the transfer to fill the vacancies. Therefore, they are now in the process of displacing about 150 people out of CLT and PIT into PHL to cover the openings. Many were hoping that they would just reopen the bid and close it in the normal time-frame but I guess that's not going to happen. It would certainly cut down on the number of displacements, possibly even negating them completely.
Regardless of the time frame, I do hope that there are no lists published on this website or any other like it. Thanks!
Amen

Mesa did accidentally release a such list of all PHX based Flight Crews including all Interns/HQs Staff out to the Mesa MEC and it was accessible to the public, which brings up a security risk concern for me. It was quickly retracted.

I do hope that in the future that there are no more "such" lists released

Thanks Wench

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.