Wiki Posts
Search

How is OLCI working these days?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2007, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP
How is OLCI working these days?

I just had an interesting help with online chat (it worked!) about my coming reservation. The agent said OLCI may still be a problem and their suggested solution was "interesting" (it brought to mind "ugh" correspondence).

Thanks for using our online chat service. An agent will be with you in just a moment.
You have been connected to ****.
Sally4th: Hello and thank you for your help, ****
****: Hello. Welcome to US Airways online customer support, Sally4th.
Sally4th: reservation XXXXX shows on my profile but I get an error when I click on it
****: Try to use this confirmation code: YYYYY
Sally4th: OK.....
Sally4th: Yes, that works, thank you - can this be made to show on my profile?
*****: Use the My trip feature on our website.
*****: Unfortunately no.
Sally4th: My sympathies to you with all the res migration nightmares
****: Thank you.
Sally4th: Well, as long as My Trip works, online check in should work?
****: Yes it should work.
****: "should"
Sally4th: I noted that ;-)
Sally4th: Is there any way to enhance the chances of it working?
****: I don't know. Pray?
Sally4th: in fact, change enhance to ensure
Sally4th: As bad as that, is it?
****: It could be.
Sally4th: Why?
****: It sometimes says that the departure city is invalid. Or the confirmation code.
****: But I do not see any reason other than technical that it shouldn't work.
Sally4th: So online check in in general is still iffy?
****: Yes. But try anyway.
Sally4th: OK, thank you for your help
****: You're welcome. Thank you for choosing US Airways. Have a great day!
Old Mar 29, 2007, 6:49 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
I was able to use the OLCI last night without any issue, but this morning I looked a little closer at my BP and there was no FF# or status on it. Dang it!!! I was able to use my FF# to look up my reservation, so I am not sure what the deal is. I'll ask at the airport to make sure that this flight is associated with my FF#. Oh, and I received my UG.

My partner, OTOH, was not able to use OLCI at all. (We were not on the same reservation.) It gave him varying error messages that no amount of phone calls could fix. This morning I called the Plat line and they fixed the issue (whatever it was...) and I printed his BP. His FF# and status are on there. Through me calling the Plat line on his behalf, I was able to get my partner the exit row aisle even though when he looked at the seating chart last night there were only middle seats available....and only about 5 of those!

I give up...I see very little consistency with OLCI.

Last edited by honeytoes; Mar 29, 2007 at 7:22 am
Old Mar 29, 2007, 7:06 am

Programs: UA, AA
If the internet chat person tells me to pray, that's fine. Just so long as I never hear that from a pilot.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 7:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
The wife and I are taking our 5 kids to SFO this evening. Our res's were seperate....3 people on 1 res (awards), 2 people on another, and 1 each for 2 more seperate res's- hope that makes sense. Anyway, when I tried to use OLCI for the res's with multiple passengers, I could only print the BP for the first person on the res...not the others. No big deal since I have bags to check and have to go to a kiosk anyway
Old Mar 29, 2007, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by PSU Mudder
If the internet chat person tells me to pray, that's fine. Just so long as I never hear that from a pilot.
Good point

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.