Wiki Posts
Search

Using miles to upgrade on *A carriers?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, US Air Gold, Starwood Platinum
Using miles to upgrade on *A carriers?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the option to use miles to upgrade on LH and other *A carriers supposed to start sometime this Spring? I haven't heard a thing about it--has anyone else?
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: US Chairmans, Air Tran Elite, NWA Silver, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, IHG Gold
As of yet, US is not participating in this *A program. It sure would be nice if they would.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, US Air Gold, Starwood Platinum
Indeed, it might be enough to keep this CP around. Is this one of the "concessions" being discussed by management and FFOCUS?

And wasn't this "in the works" last year--or does my memory fail me?
Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Yes, it was mentioned in one of the merger update e-mails last year that this year they will be joining the *A upgrade program.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:55 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Unless I'm missing something, I can't figure out why US would not participate in the *A upgrade program.

It's seems like a no-brainer: we US flyers can dump our miles on OTHER carriers while the flyers of the other carriers -- many of whom know that US's FC and Envoy service is weak -- probably won't use many of their miles to upgrade on US anyway!

If anything, the rest of the *A should be fighting to prevent US from participating.

Last edited by tommyleo; Mar 28, 2007 at 11:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.