Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best wat to complain and get happy response--miles lost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

best wat to complain and get happy response--miles lost

US has sent me three emails in the last year or so. the first gave me my miles account, the second told me about some news, and the third, about 9 months after the first one listing my miles, showed the miles at zero. i emailed from their site , twice, to complain, and 2 weeks after the first email, still no answer.

1. nowhere in the first emails from them did i see anything about miles being lost due to non-use.
2. no warning--i wish there had been something along the lines of "just 2 more months before your miles will be lost so do something now."
3. and now no answer from them.

anyone with positive experience how to get miles back?
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: US Chairmans, Air Tran Elite, NWA Silver, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, IHG Gold
This mileage expiration issue has been well covered in emails from US, on the website, and especially on here. Its a typical practice of most airlines. While I hate to say it you probably wont get any further than maybe an offer to "buy back" them miles.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AA Plat, US Air- CP, United 1P, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
If you read the rules and regulations it clearly states that the miles will be lost if there is no activity.

I love how people love to use excuses such as "they did not inform me", it is the member responsibility to read the rules and you have to do so before signing up for the account anyway. You knew about it and live with it. period.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xflyboy2005x
If you read the rules and regulations it clearly states that the miles will be lost if there is no activity.

I love how people love to use excuses such as "they did not inform me", it is the member responsibility to read the rules and you have to do so before signing up for the account anyway. You knew about it and live with it. period.
well first, i joined in 1989 and i probably did not read the rules clearly. i guess you are right that it is the member's responsibility to read the rules, but for various reasons i usually don't. but since they took the points away, they have the power to reinstate them. this was not a decree from the heavens.

and since they had sent me only 2 previous emails, i did think it was strange that they hadn't sent a warning: miles aboput to expire! one as well. i was just wondering if anyone had had success in getting them reinstated.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AA Plat, US Air- CP, United 1P, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
and why would they re-instate them for you. Abviously you do not travel much or use partners so in their eyes there is no revenue coming from your wallet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.