Wiki Posts
Search

US Air lost my PNR and I lost my upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
US Air lost my PNR and I lost my upgrade

Arrived in SBY for my SBY-PHL-RIC flight... after 15 mins of typing the agent tells me that my reservation is there but not my PNR.

All I know is that I have 3 emails...the orignal confirmation and TWO stating that I cleared the PHL-RIC leg.

End result, I'm going home but FC is now full and I'm in the back...no biggie, its 45 mins! But I still want to know, why does US hate me? 3 weeks in a row that my records are totally trashed.

I called the CP desk who said they would log a system issue. The problem is that neither the TA or the CP desk can tell my how my record was cleared out. the TA offered that perhaps I did it. I told her I dont really make a practice of hacking into the US system, but being a computer nerd I'm sure she had me pegged... ok I didn't say that, but I thought it!
Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, former US1; IHG Spire Ambassador; AVIS First
It was me -- I did it -- yeh, me, the guy who can't even get thru on the CP line. ;-)

The whole system seems a bit fragile at the moment. I'm now traveling with all my receipts and travel confirmations again just in case I need them.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by SpaceBass
...End result, I'm going home but FC is now full and I'm in the back...no biggie, its 45 mins!...
Still, I'd be peeved

See what you can get out of them as compensation...one pair of those Envoy Space Available certs (which they use to hand out to corp travel agents) would suit me fine, if still offered.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kudzu
Still, I'd be peeved

See what you can get out of them as compensation...one pair of those Envoy Space Available certs (which they use to hand out to corp travel agents) would suit me fine, if still offered.
Who should I go to for that?
I just made an appeal to the attendant in the club in PHl and she looked like she was about try cry. In fact, I think I propped her up a bit (told her that I do IT roll outs for hospitals...used to new systems.. etc... she asked me if it usually resulted in tears.. I said its not really an option in a hospital to get it wrong)

Plot thickens... got a VM from the CP desk saying "on my outbound leg on Tuesday, someone in PHL backed me up on another flight and thats what canceled my return upgrade"... now does that make ANY sense?

Bottom line, someone hit the wrong key, but on principal thats a real problem. If this was a TC trip I'd be livid.

I have my email that shows my confirmation. I was thinking I'd ask for "some kind of cert that I could use for an automatic upgrade anytime"

We are thinking about heading to London for our 4 year anniversary soon... A envoy cert would be nice... I was planning on just buying a Virgin ticket though.

Bottom line, I cannot trust US for my flights anymore. My co-workers are starting to say something about it and thats just no good. When I missed a meeting in ATL 2 weeks ago b/c they totally trashed my record (had me going to PHL rather than ATL... they do both end in "L" so I can see the confusion).
Old Mar 23, 2007, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
This has happened to me recently and from reading these boards it seems to be happening with a disturbing frequency.

If they're handing out Envoy certs for this then, uhm, where do I get in line?

I'd let you know how CS responded to my queery on this topic but they haven't bothered to repsond.

When I mentioned it to a club agent in PHX she just shrugged her shoulders. No one seems to care, or they're just resigned to the fact that their system is broken.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

It got worse... club lady told me I was 1st on the list...
we left with 2 open seats, both then were taken by non-revs in uniform who moved up from coach!
Old Mar 23, 2007, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by SpaceBass
Who should I go to for that?...
I don't know any place special to start, except with Customer Relations - hey, wait a min, you've had more experience with the US bureaucracy than I have

If asked what would make me happy as compensation, I'd suggest the Envoy S/A certs (no harm askin' for something I could use) but reality is that I'd end up with a voucher of some sort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.