Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Upgrade when Booking on usairways.com?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2007, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Mileage Upgrade when Booking on usairways.com?

Is there a way to search for mileage-upgradeable fares on usairways.com? I know nwa.com lists that option in its advanced search.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 6:00 am

Programs: AA Gold.
Search for a trip using mileage rewards. Upgrades and reward tickets pull from the same bucket. The website can be out of sync, so after looking call up to confirm. On my current trip I did this process, and booked the flight while talking to someone on the SP desk and had the upgrade done on the spot.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 6:09 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by gsupstate
Is there a way to search for mileage-upgradeable fares on usairways.com? I know nwa.com lists that option in its advanced search.
No, unless you want to buy an unrestricted Y fare. You have to call US to get the M, H, Q, B or Y fare you want if flying international or a particular B or Y fare on domestic to take advantage of using less miles.

You can use FareCompare for free to see what fares are available from a particular market, though.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 6:19 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Here is an example of fares available from CLT-LGW on US.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by planeluvr
Here is an example of fares available from CLT-LGW on US.
Are my eyes deceiving me?...Upgradeable Q fares in the 700-800 + range is a vast improvement over the $1500 + we've seen recently.

If there's decent availability, then ^ to US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.