Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A message from DP concerning this past weekend

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 5:43 pm

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Originally Posted by FrequentHopper
Sheesh, I'd be CP by June, without any flying at all!
You can already do this....just buy enough flowers !
Old Mar 21, 2007, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by warbo
There are certainly ongoing issues with the system migration - tell me about it - but when an airline's hub airport closes for an entire day, it's a big problem. It's not 'baloney' at all, it's the facts. And it wasn't limited to US.
hub closure, fact.

not limited to US, fact.

scale and scope at US: ridiculous. over and over again the stats for US tell the tale: they were significantly worse than any other affected carrier. the ludicrous lines persisted through Monday, and PHL departures still stank on Tuesday, and again on Wednesday. the operations are very very ill, but seemingly no doctors are on duty... blame a "perfect storm" and strike up the DP band...
Old Mar 21, 2007, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by Alphaguy
I have a great idea....

For every DP apology...

CP's get 5000 EQM's
Geez at this rate I'll be able to charter my own 767 to St. Maarten and back...maybe even a few left over to sit at Sunset Beach Bar and have the pilot raise the sand off Maho Beach a couple times while we make bets on if he can clip the fence or not.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:53 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by fishintheobx
Geez at this rate I'll be able to charter my own 767 to St. Maarten and back...maybe even a few left over to sit at Sunset Beach Bar and have the pilot raise the sand off Maho Beach a couple times while we make bets on if he can clip the fence or not.
Can I join you.. never been there, but at that rate.. I can bring the fiance and see what its all about.. The only safe bet is that sleet won't close the airport for us!!!!!
Old Mar 22, 2007, 7:35 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by Alphaguy
Can I join you.. never been there, but at that rate.. I can bring the fiance and see what its all about.. The only safe bet is that sleet won't close the airport for us!!!!!
Don't get too excited...believe it or not you can take a delay at SXM due to iced-over wings!

But if you like to check out some close-up action...there's nothing like sitting at the bar with an island drink on the beach there watching KLM or Corsair bring one of their 747-400's in less than 100 feet over your head.

Oh yeah...and all topless women drink free...so it can get interesting ;-)
Old Mar 22, 2007, 7:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
SXM was one of the most fantastic vacations I've ever been on.

That being said, the 757 F cabin I flew there on was so worn it was embarrassing.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:08 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by fishintheobx
Don't get too excited...believe it or not you can take a delay at SXM due to iced-over wings!

But if you like to check out some close-up action...there's nothing like sitting at the bar with an island drink on the beach there watching KLM or Corsair bring one of their 747-400's in less than 100 feet over your head.

Oh yeah...and all topless women drink free...so it can get interesting ;-)
Note to self.. bring wife to SXM, but do not bring her to beach for 747 landings and free drink spotting......
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
SXM was one of the most fantastic vacations I've ever been on.

That being said, the 757 F cabin I flew there on was so worn it was embarrassing.
I'm headed there this summer, and sprang for paid F because the A fare was less than 2x the cheapest coach fare, knowing full well I'd never get the upgrade as a silver. Am I going to be kicking myself for doing that rather than sitting in 9F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.