Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Web site still not working consistently

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US-CP 11+yrs now just Silver as a Million Mile FlyerHH-Diamond, PC-Plat, Choice-Gold, Marriott- Plat
Web site still not working consistently

I had to try four times before I was able to successfully complete an on-line award reservation tonight. Either the process would just freeze up or I would get an error message that they could not accept credit cards at this time, try back in a few minutes. When it did finally take the seats I had selected were not assigned and random seats were assigned instead. I tried four more times to change the seats, was finally able to change the main line flight seating, but in spite of four attempts I never was able to change the two Dash-8 flight seats.

What should have been a 15 minute process took me over an hour, but I figured that the phone lines would still be backed-up so this was still the quickest way.

As a comparison - I was on the phone for 54 minutes earlier today with Sprint getting them to correct a major error in my monthly cell phone bill. I maintain that the cell phone companies are just as poor as the airlines these days when it comes to customer service and error free consistent service and processes.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 9:16 am

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
Seat maps don't work consistently

over the past week or two, I have been trying to monitor the availability of Envoy seats on a particular flight. At least half the time, when you try to bring up the seat maps for Envoy, you get an error message (but the coach maps almost always work - go figure).
Old Mar 20, 2007, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum; US Gold; DL Silver
The web site is very consistent on a Mac -- it *never* works.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 6:06 pm

Nice to know...maybe I should get an Apple laptop then
Old Mar 20, 2007, 7:39 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Booking UA codeshares on the website

Is it just me, or did they not have an announcement on the site stating that starting 3/17, you would be able to book UA codeshares?

I have not been able to get ANY UA codeshare routings to come up.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 5:52 am

Programs: US CP
Seat maps seem to really be off for the flight I'm looking at, April 2nd, 731 LGW-PHL. If I try to make a online booking in Coach, the website shows the class as sold out. If I try to book Envoy (which has availability), I can see a seatmap with lots of open seats in Coach, but I get an error message for the Envoy map. Whats up with this?
Old Mar 27, 2007, 6:23 am

Programs: US Silver
That's very bizarre Sally: it's almost as if this flight doesn't exist. As I expect you checked, seatcounter also shows 0 seats in coach classes, yet the next day it's wide open. I cannot believe that all of that weekend and monday there are no coach seats, particularly as there is supposed to be envoy, yet the seat map isn't accessible.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 6:23 am

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by Sally4th
Seat maps seem to really be off for the flight I'm looking at, April 2nd, 731 LGW-PHL. If I try to make a online booking in Coach, the website shows the class as sold out. If I try to book Envoy (which has availability), I can see a seatmap with lots of open seats in Coach, but I get an error message for the Envoy map. Whats up with this?
Here's what I have been experiencing (and I just checked it again). I have been trying to look at Envoy seats PHL-LGW as well.

If I do a search for Envoy class and then click on the "Seat Maps" link next to one of the flight options on the "Build Your Itinerary" page, it opens a new window that is displaying the Coach seat map. There is another tab in that same window that says "Envoy". If I click that, I get an error message. However, if I start a pretend booking by selecting a particular flight and go to the next page and click on the "Select Seats" button (before actually entering any booking information), it opens a window directly to the Envoy seat map.

I think Parker has been following the "W" approach (declare "Mission Accomplished" and move on despite any evidence to the contrary)
Old Mar 27, 2007, 6:26 am

Programs: US Silver
I wonder how long it's been like this: maybe this is the reason there were only approximately 50 people in coach when I flew from Gatwick on the 22nd!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 6:58 am

What bothers me most about the website is the shear arrogance with which US' management tries to shove it down our throats. Does anyone really think the America West website was better than the old US website? I hate the fact that US went with the crappier site and they try to tell us that everyone liked the HP site better. This is one of many lies to come from the sandcastle. What used to be a really good airline, albeit a bankrupt one, and its not lost on me that something had to change, is now run by deceitful liars who don't give a crap about their customers.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 8:38 am

I too wondered if this was a false "full", and that the open coach seatmap you could see when booking Envoy was true, despite what I could see on seat counter. However, this is the first weekend of spring break for a lot of schools in the UK, big holiday time. I can't wait to see which is right.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 8:57 am

Programs: None
I won't guarantee that the employee travel site is 100% accurate - they made changes to it in conjunction with the res migration and it's been intermittent since - but it's showing both LGW-PHL/CLT oversold in coach. Envoy is showing 8 & 17 seats available, respectfully.

Jim
Old Mar 27, 2007, 2:39 pm

Thank you for checking, Jim. Must be UK spring break filling coach.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 5:20 pm

Programs: None
In case it was a glitch, I checked again - still showing the same. Then I got the idea of checking flights from cities that would be a reasonably short flight from LGW. Frankly, I don't try to keep up with all the seasonal service, but of MAN/GLA/DUB/CDG/MUC/FCO - PHL, the employee site only showed one operating on April 2. That was FCO-PHL and it showed oversold in coach with a few seats open in Envoy. All the rest just resulted in a message saying that service between the two cities wasn't available on the date/time requested.

Jim
Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:15 pm

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles Gold Preferred, Continental OnePass Elite Platinum, FFOCUS
If the website gives you an error during any part of the process, you can call in your reservation and they will almost always waive the phone service fee if you tell them the error being presented on the screen. I've done this on numerous occasions and have *never* been charged that $10 fee by US. And that goes for CO as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.