Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadair Regional Jet - Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by usa18dca
or at least the B1900s
I think Ray Stevens was in a B1900 when he wrote: "Southern Air"
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by fishintheobx
I think Ray Stevens was in a B1900 when he wrote: "Southern Air"
Yes he was...good book
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:52 pm

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by etch5895
I agree on the ERJ...a much better airplane. you can actually see out the window, and the A side is the place to be
Not all 'A' seats are made equal on the ERJ. The exit row are nice, but the rest of the A seats are no picnic for anyone over 6'0. Then again, with the recent reconfiguration, I think there are many seats on the ERJs and CRJs that are better than row 9 in the A319s.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I think that one night when these birds are done with their run for the day, we should bomb them all and blow them apart.
Nah. I think these torture tubes are great for conversion to Package Freighters. Convert 'em and give 'em to the likes of Ameriflight, Empire, Alpine, etc.

That said, I join the rest of the group in the resentment of the CRJ-200. Will avoid these aircraft on anything over 90 minutes regardless of airline that is flying it.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by fishintheobx
I'm convinced the CRJ's are Satan's gift to air travelers. The only exception being the few 700's that UA has that are all Economy Plus. I know everybody hates that Dash 8's, but I'll take one anyday over a CRJ on a flight less than 400 miles.

"Satan's gift" might be too strong. (Then again, I never flow on the monstrosity
of the CRJ-900) But maybe it is Canadian revenge for burning down Toronto in the war of 1812.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat., 1.52 MM
CRJs?

CRJ sucks in all respects.
They are good for the airlines because they are conducive to a black bottom line.
For pax they are in the same category of life pleasures as water deprivation ("because of the short duration of the flight"), tooth extraction, proctoscopy or TURP.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 9:39 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by Intrepid
CRJ sucks in all respects.
Not to drift this too much off topic, but Bombardier is talking to airlines about an even longer version - the CRJ-1000.

Jim
Old Mar 18, 2007, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
If it is a CRJ-900 book row 16 (you'll need to be an elite to do so). Both 15 and 16 are exit rows but only 16's seats go back. These have very good leg room, though are a bit narrow.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
My chiropracter and massage-therapist neighbor may go bankrupt if the CRJs stop flying out of Phoenix. Fortunately for them, that doesn't appear likely. Therefore, they'll be adjusting backs, spines and necks for the foreseeable future.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:15 am

Programs: US Gold, Avis CHM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
There was a time years ago when I would book a flight without looking to check the aircraft type.

The CRJ is the reason I now look before I book.

At 6' 2" I avoid flights on CRJs like the plague. I refuse to fly them unless there is simply no other reasonable alternative. This often means going to another airline.

They are simply too uncomfortable for someone my size. It's torture. And for a flight of more than an hour? It should be criminal.

The EMB 145 is also uncomfortable, but tolerable on short flights if you can sit on the left side.

In contrast, the EMB 170 is actually quite comfortable. Wider seats and decent pitch. If you have to fly a small jet, this is the way to go.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: USAirways Chairman's - Hilton Diamond - SPG Platinum
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts......^
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Last Sept, I flew a CRJ PHL-AVP and it was one of the best CRJ's I had ever been on. It seemed like a brand new plane, leather seats, had the new livery, etc. I think there were maybe 10 pax on the whole plane.

However, most of my CRJ experiences are the opposite. Last Nov I flew a CRJ RNO-PHX, it was a fairly full flight, and the seats were bad. I flew up on a 319, but due to timing I took the CRJ back.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Dirt, HHonors Silver
This aircraft is proof that Canadians do in fact hate Americans!
Old Mar 19, 2007, 1:41 pm

Programs: CO/DL:Gold, UA:PremExec; Marriott:Gold, Hilton:Silver
Originally Posted by FlyinMike
This aircraft is proof that Canadians do in fact hate Americans!
Or, is it proof of the fact that Canadians are savvy enough to realize that Americans will buy an inferior product just to save a few bucks?
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by FreqFlyerPhil
Or, is it proof of the fact that Canadians are savvy enough to realize that Americans will buy an inferior product just to save a few bucks?

Isn't that the reason US switches from Sabre to QIK?

I happened to speak with a customer who was waiting for delayed bag to come it. He told me about the first flight on the new A330 configuration. He's writing Mr Parker a letter suggesting that US now brand its coach A330 product "DVT class". So maybe there is something even less comfortable than the Tundrajet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.