Search

Some observations and a question..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2007, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Some observations and a question..

Observation on my short haul

When I was looking at the flights I normal take (ONT-PHX) it was pricing nicely on all non-stops... but now the connections (ONT-LAS-PHX) are significantly higher. I am curious if this is because of ONT-LAS traffic or is US pricing more segments as more $$$$.

Question, when you are booking online, are you getting a 037 ticket number or 401???
Old Mar 6, 2007, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
Observation on my short haul

When I was looking at the flights I normal take (ONT-PHX) it was pricing nicely on all non-stops... but now the connections (ONT-LAS-PHX) are significantly higher. I am curious if this is because of ONT-LAS traffic or is US pricing more segments as more $$$$.

Question, when you are booking online, are you getting a 037 ticket number or 401???
Everything now is 037. America West was 401 and they are history. Kinda sad but one step closer to a full merger.

Believe it or not connecting flights are always higher because everytime you take off from an airport you pay taxes. It just usually that more people tend to book the non stops(for obvious reasons) and there is less availability, leading to a higher fare. Supply and Demand. I havent looked at the market and availability but anything into and out of LAS can jump quickly because its a big market and avail can drop quickly. Dont forget many trvl Las-PHX-another destination so the leg Las-PHX may be really full. I hope this helps. I have been working long hours,so if this is unclear, let me know! Mama
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:04 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
www.nbc6.com
Hope something is there but US the lead story at 1100. They said only 30% of kiosks working & Doug Parker in town for a suprise visit!
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:43 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/....2189059e.html

My favorite quote:
US Airways Worker Kim Thomson is one of 20 workers who flew to Charlotte from Tempe, Ariz., to help check in passengers during the technical crisis. She spent her hours, “Trying to find ways to work things out, trying to find ways to get people on flights even though the normal way doesn’t work,” she said.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by coachrowsey
www.nbc6.com
Hope something is there but US the lead story at 1100. They said only 30% of kiosks working & Doug Parker in town for a suprise visit!
1130A update to this, says Doug is going around visiting & thanking the different depts. If this is true, that's good.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
LOL they should kick him in the knee caps

Also, I was surprised they kept 037 but forced us to have these long Dividend Miles numbers from hell..

I mean 400123XX00X is alot more than my old 7 digit US number.. ::SIGH:::

But in the old system I was able to fly ONT-PHX for like $100 and then ONT-LAS-PHX was $104... but now.. it is like $59 for Nonstop and $159 for connection.. just interesting.. for a couple months out.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:57 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
LOL they should kick him in the knee caps

Also, I was surprised they kept 037 but forced us to have these long Dividend Miles numbers from hell..

I mean 400123XX00X is alot more than my old 7 digit US number.. ::SIGH:::

But in the old system I was able to fly ONT-PHX for like $100 and then ONT-LAS-PHX was $104... but now.. it is like $59 for Nonstop and $159 for connection.. just interesting.. for a couple months out.
I guess Doug took a corporate jet to CLT instead of a 31" pitch coach seat!?

I still have a 7-digit DM number...
Old Mar 6, 2007, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by me4yankees
I guess Doug took a corporate jet to CLT instead of a 31" pitch coach seat!?

I still have a 7-digit DM number...
Nah DoUgIe took one of the new A340s AC gave him for a test drive

I still have a 7 digit DM number thank goodness...I wouldn't want one of those flightfund numbers
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:36 pm

I heard from the day shift people(he left before night got in) that his visit didn't come over very well at all. I heard some employees were very angry & actually cussed him out, One even said told him he couldn't believe they would let him out of jail to come here.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by coachrowsey
I heard from the day shift people(he left before night got in) that his visit didn't come over very well at all. I heard some employees were very angry & actually cussed him out, One even said told him he couldn't believe they would let him out of jail to come here.
Sheriff Joe in Tent City must have heard Dougie was violating parole by being 2,300ish nautical miles eastbound of said Tent City, I would not be surprised...the pilot group and unionized employees are very angry at CEO Parker for not cleaning some stuff up like they should be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.