Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US to Belize

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
US to Belize

Thinking of Belize for the honeymoon. As a CP, I'd love to use US or another *A carrier, but it looks like out of BOS or PHL its just US and its only one time per week. (Sat to Sat) Also it also looks like US is charging more...

Any thoughts on is one week too much?
Is it worth trying to take US to Belize?
Am I missing something?

Any experience with US Vacation Packages?

Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:11 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Alphaguy
Any thoughts on is one week too much?
Is it worth trying to take US to Belize?
Am I missing something?
In October of 2005, my wife and I honeymooned in Belize. We were there for twelve days or so.

We loved the place and would go back tomorrow if we could. However, it's important to note that Belize is still fairly undeveloped, so if you're looking for McDonalds or the Maui Hilton, then Belize isn't for you.

We split our time between the Cayes and inland at San Ignacio.

In the Cayes we stayed in Caye Caulker:

http://www.gocayecaulker.com/index.html

Although Ambergis Caye is perhaps more famous, we picked Caye Caulker as it's more laid back.

As for our hotel, we were very happy with this place:

http://www.treetopsbelize.com/

They only have a small number of rooms.

In San Ignacio (Cayo) we stayed at the Cahal Pech village, in a room overlooking the swimming pool:

http://www.cahalpech.com/

If you go to San Ignacio I strongly recommend the Barton Creek Cave Canoe trip. Book with Dave's adventure tours. San Ignacio is also a great jumping off point for a side trip to Tikal in Guatemala.

You can view our pictures here:

http://tinyurl.com/2xkapn

Feel free to email back if you have specific questions: MisterClever at Hotmail dot com.

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada
Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:46 am

Location: Near PHL, PA and GCM, CI and sometimes PLJ, Placencia. Belize
Programs: AA-EXP, DL-Gold, Bonvoy-Gold
Belize comments

I believe that US serves BZE several days a week - about 5 I believe - but from CLT. We just booked PHL-CLT-BZE in April for a Wednesday to Wednesday trip.

We have been to BZE several times in the last few years and you can definitely have a great honeymoon there. Depending on budget, take a look at Francis Ford Coppola's properties - Blancaneaux Lodge and Turtle Inn - web site at http://www.blancaneaux.com. The former is up in the mountains with easy access to Tikal and other Mayan sites, the latter is in Placencia on the beach with great water activities, etc.

There are also many other alternatives at every rate on the map, so you can design around almost any budget easily. The key is to move around - spend a few days in the inland area in the mountains, then a few on the beach somewhere (Placencia, San Pedro, or elsewhere).

For lots on info, check out Belize Forums at www.belizeforum.com.

And...enjoy !!!
Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
FYI the service is on around 4X to 5X every week from the first week of March to early May.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 6:42 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Delta Platinum
Are you divers? If so you could barely exhaust the diving in Belize in a week, much less the other attractions. Outstanding reefs and walls.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL: Diamond
Aww man, I wish I was going to BZE. I was there two years ago for 20 days, dove every day but two and still couldn't get enough.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mtiffee
Aww man, I wish I was going to BZE. I was there two years ago for 20 days, dove every day but two and still couldn't get enough.

I was there about 3 years ago and stayed on Ambergis Caye. I had one of the most peaceful trips ever. I dove every day at a different dive site without ever going more the 15 minutes by boat. By far the best place to be if you like diving.^
Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingcat
FYI the service is on around 4X to 5X every week from the first week of March to early May.
It doesn't look like UA goes to BZE, so is it really only down to once a week on Saturdays to BZE on US out of CLT???? Or is the schedule not loaded that far out? Just deciding whether to wait or go on AA or DL?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Right now it operates on both Satuday and Sunday with a 319. From March 12 to April 16 another 319 will also fly on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

So it will go up considerably in that time period.

I believe in the past Belize has been once a week on Saturday so the fact that the core is Sat. and Sun. is an upgrade over recent times.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 1:44 pm

Incredible place if you dive, otherwise I'd go someplace else. The island is not beautiful.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 1:50 pm
Suspended

How is the snorkeling?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:55 pm

>The island is not beautiful

Suppose it depends how you define "beautiful." I found Caye Caulker very 'beautiful' - No paved roads, all golf carts, very laid back. The jungle inland in San Igancio was also very beautiful.

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by nancy61
How is the snorkeling?
I went diving, not snorkeling, but the people I spoke to who went snorkeling were raving about it - Particularly the Hol Chan Marine Reserve:

http://www.gocayecaulker.com/act.html

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:57 am
Original Poster

BUMP-----

And I'd like to add... there is food CLT-BZE, but is there any food BZE-BLT? Its not listed, but still a decent duration of a flight... so is it soley the snack basket in F????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.