Search

Delayed flight (mx) and Baggage to other airline on different ticket

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Delayed flight (mx) and Baggage to other airline on different ticket

So here's the scenario,
I was on US641 from IAH-PHX (550am-640am). The IAH ground crew left the AC hook up on all night which froze several panels in the cockpit. Long story short, at 730, we were still on the plane and they started booking folks (including myself) on the 759am departure to PHX. (I checked 2 bags) The GA in IAH re routed my bags to my new flight but realistically, I doubt they will make it.

I have a separate ticket flight from PHX-DEN on Delta at 1027am in PHX. I was expecting to grab by 2 bags and then casually make it over to Terminal 3 to check in to my DL flight. (Almost 4 hours between flights)

My question is, if my bags don't make it on my new flight from IAH-PHX, will US route them to my final destination (DEN) even though that's on a separate ticket and different airline?

I've had plenty of experience with delays, baggage issues, etc but never quite had a situation like this before. (I'm AA EXP but not sure that matters in this situation)
Old May 12, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Doubtful. That's the risk of booking two different carriers in one day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.