Wiki Posts
Search

Booking specific fare class on US

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Booking specific fare class on US

I am hoping to get EXP via EQPs this year. I am booking a flight for July which is coming up in a fare class that only earns .5. How can I book a specific fare class. Its only a few bucks more according to ITA.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Simple way is to phone and book
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj
I am hoping to get EXP via EQPs this year. I am booking a flight for July which is coming up in a fare class that only earns .5. How can I book a specific fare class. Its only a few bucks more according to ITA.
A while back, I found a way to force the US booking engine to ticket a specific class. It looks like it still might work.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Simple way is to phone and book
Will they waive the phone booking fee?

Originally Posted by st1575
A while back, I found a way to force the US booking engine to ticket a specific class. It looks like it still might work.
I don't see the fare class at all in the URL so I am not sure this still works.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:38 pm

After you go through Hipmunk, look for something like "GA14USI1" in the usairways.com URL to which you are redirected. Replace that with the fare basis code shown on ITA along with the flights and departure times you want.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Will they waive the phone booking fee?

On AA flights, the approach used to be to put the flight on hold, call up reservations to upfare it but leave it on hold, and then purchase via website to avoid the phone fee. But, seeing as you can't hold a US flight, you may just have to ask them to waive the fee since you can't choose the class you want online.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by st1575
After you go through Hipmunk, look for something like "GA14USI1" in the usairways.com URL to which you are redirected. Replace that with the fare basis code shown on ITA along with the flights and departure times you want.
Thanks, I got it to work. My receipt shows the correct fare classes and the price matched up with ITA. So it should be good although I may call to verify the fare classes.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 2:09 pm

Thanks, I got it to work. My receipt shows the correct fare classes and the price matched up with ITA. So it should be good although I may call to verify the fare classes.
If your ticket was issued on US stock (i.e., e-ticket number starts with 037), you can also plug the ticket number into the "Manage My Booking" tab on the Saudia Web site (http://www.saudiairlines.com/) to see detailed information about your flights including fare basis and a breakdown of the taxes, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.