Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to select seats?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HiltonHonours: Gold
Unable to select seats?

first time flying US (albeit booked via AA). selected our seats in online checkin a few days ago (BAEC Bronze holders) although still unable to select seats for the US segments (JFK-PHX-LAS) in First.
We will be travelling on Tuesday, perhaps still too early for OLCI?

BAEC site says unable to reserve seats, AA site redirects to US and the US Site says ''This reservation can only be changed by calling reservations at 800-428-4322.''.

Any advice appreciated, if i need to call, then i will. i'm hoping we dont pay for seat selection?

Travelling HBO if that makes any difference.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
You can do OLCI from exactly 24 hours local time prior to departure. I wouldn't call in unless you can't choose seats at that time via the OLCI interface. I also wouldn't worry - these codeshare/multi-carrier flights have always been wonky, including similar problems when I fly BA on US-issued tickets.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Whenever you are unable to select seats in First on US flights, always call in. Some seats are blocked from advance assignment but can be assigned if thats all thats left. This gives you a better chance of being able to be seated together.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
First of all, selecting or changing seats is not considered a change to the reservation that requires calling in. However, if you're locked out from selecting or changing seats then you have no choice other than to call in or wait until you get to the airport. Until AA and US fully merge we are in this nuisance period where when booking mixed metal flights you have to select seats on the appropriate airline's site. For instance, my wife and I booked flights to and from the Med this summer on the AA site. The flights turned out to be all US outbound and a mix of US and AA metal on the return. We can select and change seats for the AA metal flights on the AA site but can only see the US seats. On the US site we can select and change the seats for the US metal flights but can only see the AA seats. A pain but it works.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Randyk47
First of all, selecting or changing seats is not considered a change to the reservation that requires calling in.
That's always been the case for me in the past and I've been able to change flights on the US Airways site without a problem. However, I have a flight this Thursday where I had to reschedule from AA metal to US Airways, but still booked under the original ticket. I have a seat assigned for the first leg, but not the second. The website will launch the seat selector but shows "no seat map available" for both legs. I guess I'll try calling in later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.