Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

American to merge (merged) frequent flier programs on Saturday, 28 Mar 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold

"The Fort Worth-based carrier will begin notifying customers today that it will combine the loyalty programs by the end of the week."

"As part of the transition, American is advising customers to complete any pending or immediate redemptions in Dividend Miles before Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. CDT."

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/bu...e16129706.html
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
E-mails from AA and US today confirm, in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...dates-etc.html:

Last USDM award redemption opportunities close at midnight tomorrow Wednesday, March 25).

Accounts migration USDM to AAdvantage begins Saturday, March 28.

I'll post once more that major AA batch processes typically occur on weekends, and can take a day or two. During that time, accounts often are "zeroed out", usually with an annotation.

● Sometimes a message shows: "Your monthly AAdvantage summary is currently being processed. Please note that, due to lags in processing time, the latest summary may temporarily not appear creating a gap in your mileage information."

-or_

● "I can not see my account" - it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
As of right now, I can't book or view ANY reward travel on usairways.com.

Tried both domestic and international.

Get error message :

We're sorry
We're unable to find flights for the cities and dates you've selected. We may not offer service Route map between the cities you've selected on the specified dates. Please try again using the 'Search by Calendar' option or change the search criteria. If you continue to receive this message, please call 800-428-4322 for assistance.

Reference code: X0VSN555TVS3H555BVDE3OIN (1.2.114000.114000)
Occurred: 3/24/2015 9:55:47 AM

Tried multiple pairings.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
In another thread, someone advised taking screen shots of DM and AA account balances before migration begins. I thought that great advice. I now have shots of my account, my wife's and my kids. Happier now since balances might be 0 for a bit.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
PQM to EQM/EQP?

Does that also mean that my paid J travel in April and May on US codeshare (combo of AA and BA metal) will earn 1.5 EQPs instead of EQMs? I wonder how (or if) they will make that transition for existing USDM members crossing over to AA...
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Oh...FML. Why is it that I always fly on some merger/integration day.

I flew on the infamous UA/CO system integration day - what a nightmare that was.

Hopefully, this doesn't affect operations at all...
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
If the two programs are finally merging, shouldn't the two forums on flyertalk be merged?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by amartin1979
If the two programs are finally merging, shouldn't the two forums on flyertalk be merged?
Might be one program, but the carriers will still be operating as 2 separate ones for the next few months at least. Each will have its own quirks and issues.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
First time posting (usually just lurk), If I'm doing this wrong I apologize:
I just spoke to a gentlemen at the Chairmans desk and he informed me that the conversion would be done in batches starting tonight at midnight for US CP's and work down the list from there, completing everything officially on Saturday. I was told to expect an e-mail within the next few days informing me everything was completed successfully.
My call was in regards to missing segments from flights last week on mixed US/AA itinerary. If you also encounter this problem (as I have for most of February) he said that they aren't messing with missing segments until after the conversion is complete.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by judsonmcgreevy
...I just spoke to a gentlemen at the Chairmans desk and he informed me that the conversion would be done in batches starting tonight at midnight for US CP's and work down the list from there, completing everything officially on Saturday. I was told to expect an e-mail within the next few days informing me everything was completed successfully.
He told you exactly correct.

And, welcome!
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
Does that also mean that my paid J travel in April and May on US codeshare (combo of AA and BA metal) will earn 1.5 EQPs instead of EQMs? I wonder how (or if) they will make that transition for existing USDM members crossing over to AA...
I'm only guessing, but I'd think that the gravy boat has sailed. Our future paid premium tickets will get EQM according to the AAdvantage rules. So yes, 1.5 EQPs but 1.0 EQMs.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: Several
Oh man, it just struck me that I'm expecting the 15K bonus miles from the Barclays card spend $500/month promo (as well as double miles for certain categories, but that hasn't ended yet). Plus, there's there the current 1.5 miles per spend bonus going on as well. I'm sure there are others in the same boat as me seeing as the bonus miles haven't posted to my account yet.

Hopefully it wont be a headache.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UVU Wolverine
Oh man, it just struck me that I'm expecting the 15K bonus miles from the Barclays card spend $500/month promo (as well as double miles for certain categories, but that hasn't ended yet). Plus, there's there the current 1.5 miles per spend bonus going on as well. I'm sure there are others in the same boat as me seeing as the bonus miles haven't posted to my account yet.

Hopefully it wont be a headache.
I would not be concerned.... They will be transferring miles from Dividend Miles to AAdvanatge accounts for months to come even after the initial batch.

Once they match the accounts just like most banks would do, if they receive a deposit of miles to the Dividend miles account, it should seamlessly transfer to AAdvantage.

Once there are no such flights as USAirways and they are all operating as AA, that would likely be the time that Dividend Miles as a separate entity will be close to being closed.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
He told you exactly correct.

And, welcome!
Surprised this was buried in here with not much commentary about it in other threads...

Checked both my wife and my account today and are now listed as Executive Platinums. Not sure about where I would find SWU. But it has started!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Huskiez
Surprised this was buried in here with not much commentary about it in other threads...

Checked both my wife and my account today and are now listed as Executive Platinums. Not sure about where I would find SWU. But it has started!
Huh, interesting! Just checked this morning and my AA account shows Executive Platinum, but not the combined mileage balance from my US account yet. Looks like it has started, indeed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.