Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

American to merge (merged) frequent flier programs on Saturday, 28 Mar 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American to merge (merged) frequent flier programs on Saturday, 28 Mar 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Huskiez
Surprised this was buried in here with not much commentary about it in other threads...

Checked both my wife and my account today and are now listed as Executive Platinums. Not sure about where I would find SWU. But it has started!
Originally Posted by asdf098
Huh, interesting! Just checked this morning and my AA account shows Executive Platinum, but not the combined mileage balance from my US account yet. Looks like it has started, indeed!
Nice!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Checked both my wife and my account today and are now listed as Executive Platinums. Not sure about where I would find SWU. But it has started!
Logged into my AA account a minute ago and noticed Executive Platinum as well. Looks like the status rolled over last nigh (no miles or SWUs yet, though).
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
So I assume those of us who do NOT have an AAdvantage number and once we move over we will have a new number to not only memorize but also to update our reservations systems and possibly existing reservations.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Mine shows Executive Platinum as well. When booking on partner airlines should we use our AA numbers now? I have to book a Qantas flight for August and figure this would be easiest.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 14thStreet
Logged into my AA account a minute ago and noticed Executive Platinum as well. Looks like the status rolled over last nigh (no miles or SWUs yet, though).
This change also applies the other way. I am on a US flight tomorrow, and on the US site, the "status indicator" circle next to my name now is gray with the letters "EP" -- appears my Executive Platinum status on AA is now recognized on the US website, supplanting my US Gold status.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:50 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I'm US Silver. My AA Account shows me Gold now (and effectively lifetime Gold now with the combined mileage, though that's not reflected yet since the balances haven't been combined yet). My US account still shows DM Silver.

My 500-mile upgrade stickers also went from 0 to 7. I had just a hair over 25,000 US PQM's last year and only another 1000 flown this year so far. Wondering how they came up with lucky number 7 to give me, though not complaining.

While it's fun to see the progress of the cutover, I'm going to check back in Monday to see where my account(s) stand.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Yup, EXP on the AA site now and still CP on US login. Mileage hasn't transferred to AA.

I realized I forgot to link the wife's US (Silver) and AA (nothing) accounts. Is it too late to do that now or do I have to wait until the dust settles?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: US, HH
AA shows EXP now as well. I did read in one of the posted links earlier they will replace DM# in reservations with AA#. Right now my existing AA reservations aren't showing in my account yet.

Re stickers, noticed something interesting. Back in Jan or Feb when AA offered Plat challenges to people, I got that offer and signed up purely to get the stickers. Last week at some point I noticed my account had 40 stickers, don't recall if that was the challenge number or not. Took screen shots.

Today, my account shows 20 stickers, with a 3/18 redemption listed for 20 stickers (definitely not me). Wonder if they clawed back unused challenge stickers?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
Yup, EXP on the AA site now and still CP on US login. Mileage hasn't transferred to AA.

I realized I forgot to link the wife's US (Silver) and AA (nothing) accounts. Is it too late to do that now or do I have to wait until the dust settles?
Per official communications, we will be able to merge accounts after the dust settles. So nothing for now, but be on the look out for her new AAdvantage number. There was a rumble that may be try proactively matching, but who knows.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Like others, I'm showing the updated status, but RDMs and status miles have not transferred yet. Additionally, I'm not showing any 500 mile upgrades.

The good news: US's website started behaving yesterday evening and I was able to buy my tickets to LHR. I was able to snag an Envoy upgrade on the way back with miles before things closed out. ^
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
My daughter's account has not transferred correctly. She is Gold on US but showing as Gold (silver equivalent) on AA. Aadvantage CS cannot even enter her account as it's now read-only and the US CP line plays the recording and disconnects.

I'm a little annoyed, as we're starting our Easter holidays on early Saturday and I really don't see myself wasting time trying to sort this out once we've left, but lounge access for the whole family depends on two of us having the correct status as I only get one guest. Of course we won't die, but now I'm stuck paying for breakfast at restaurants I don't even care for.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Arsey00
My daughter's account has not transferred correctly. She is Gold on US but showing as Gold (silver equivalent) on AA. Aadvantage CS cannot even enter her account as it's now read-only and the US CP line plays the recording and disconnects.

I'm a little annoyed, as we're starting our Easter holidays on early Saturday and I really don't see myself wasting time trying to sort this out once we've left, but lounge access for the whole family depends on two of us having the correct status as I only get one guest. Of course we won't die, but now I'm stuck paying for breakfast at restaurants I don't even care for.
The program merge is in progress, not complete yet. No reason to be annoyed at this time.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Arsey00

If you are using her US#, why worry about it?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Interesting that it is offering me the chance to request an upgrade, but indicates not requested after doing so. Not going to worry about it yet...
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by Gunner14
If you are using her US#, why worry about it?
Will the US number still exist from Saturday?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.