Wiki Posts
Search

BE PROACTIVE - Before DM/AA Conversion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DIAMOND, AA/US TBD

Going through both the NWA/Delta and the Continental/United frequent flyer plan conversions, I've learned to be proactive in ensuring that nothing is missed during the systems conversion... here are some steps I've taken that might be useful:

1) Screenshot your current Dividend Miles balance, PQM, Preferred Status and last few transactions from the "Your Miles" link in my account https://membership.usairways.com/Manage/YourMiles.aspx

2) Send an email to dividendmiles and ask for your US Airways Lifetime mile balance (should be converted toward MillionMiler status with AAdvantage)

3) Confirm that you have a notification when you login that your accounts are matched (if you have an AAdvantage account)

Here we go....
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:12 am

Good post, excellent advice. Just took screenshots of my family's 3 accounts.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:16 am

Both my husband's and my US accounts will become inactive on April 29 with no plans to fly before that date, and around 100,000 miles in each account. Am I best off taking some action now to extend the expiration or waiting until we are issued with new AA accounts?

We do not currently have AA accounts.

I was thinking of doing a share miles scenario to stimulate some activity this month.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Both my husband's and my US accounts will become inactive on April 29 with no plans to fly before that date, and around 100,000 miles in each account. Am I best off taking some action now to extend the expiration or waiting until we are issued with new AA accounts?

I was thinking of doing a share miles scenario to stimulate some activity this month.
If your accounts are that close to becoming inactive, I'd do something to tickle the balances to give them some refreshing. A dine, anything.

If the transition is absolutely trouble free, you should be fine; if it's not... I'd still do what the OP says, regardless.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Thanks for the reminder - an ounce of prevention is a good idea in this case, IMHO.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Good advice! I wouldn't have even thought about taking a screenshot of my USDM account for precaution sake.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SusanDK

Yes: do it now. Better now than trying to do something on April 28.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...em-merged.html
Getting an AA freq flyer number will not extend the miles expiry.
Also anything could/can/will happen to the US & AA freq flyer IT systems during the merge.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received a response from the DM Center providing my lifetime miles.

I found it interesting that it was the exact same number I received last time I asked - in Feb. 2013. Maybe I just imagined flying over the last 25 months.

You can search for up to 3 years of activity on-line - I took screen prints of all that output, just in case.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond;Emerald Club Executive Elite

crap...my account still shows my total miles, YTD... But my partner's is already showing limited info. I hope the merge goes smoothly!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: Various

2) Send an email to dividendmiles and ask for your US Airways Lifetime mile balance (should be converted toward MillionMiler status with AAdvantage)

Which email address are you using for US/Dividend Miles? I just checked the website, and they've removed email addresses; only phone numbers remain.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[email protected]
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM Lifetime PLT, Hyatt LT Diamond, Marriott LT PLT, Hertz PC
Too Late

Sent an email this morning requesting Lifetime miles, and received this response:
Thank you for contacting US Airways Dividend Miles Service Center.
We currently are in the process of converting all Dividend Miles accounts into American Airlines AAdvantage accounts. As a result, your e-mail is being forwarded to AAdvantage Customer Service for resolution once the programs are combined. We appreciate your patience during this delay. You will be contacted by AAdvantage Customer Service to address your issue as well as answer any questions you may have about the AAdvantage program.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Being the lazy sort, I failed to follow the screencap advice in time. I tried a couple hours ago. The AA site showed my AA (only) numbers and said the merge was still in progress. But on the US site all paths led to my AAdvantage info; if there was a way to see the old US DM numbers I couldn't find it. Fortunately, I did get my US lifetime miles number from them a few months ago.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Also a good idea to make sure you have all booking details recorded. US's web site used to show all upcoming bookings. AA's web site throws away all booking information unless there's an AA flight in the itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.