Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US A330 hit by truck in CLT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:07 pm

US A330 hit by truck in CLT, likely total loss.

That is a catering truck and is not a contract vendor. Definitely in house employees and a company owned truck.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by ACA321
Isn't this the same frame that was recently hit by a truck in the same area of the frame but in PHL? Or is this old news of the same incident?
Old news, happened on December 1st, in Charlotte. N288AY was not hit by any CLEANING (It was a cleaning truck not a catering) truck in Philly.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Jeebus...
Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:10 am

Looks like someone wanted to add this 332 to the PSA Heritage livery.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Since I'm guessing US doesn't have a bunch of spare A333's lying around, how will this effect upcoming flights that are scheduled on A333's?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Since I'm guessing US doesn't have a bunch of spare A333's lying around, how will this effect upcoming flights that are scheduled on A333's?
It is an A330-200 and fortunately it happened during our seasonal international pulldown, where we go from our high A330-utilization summer to low winter seasons. So it does not effect any flights.

Last edited by Piedmont767; Jan 8, 2015 at 1:46 pm
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
There was an internal doc posted over on airliners.net, probably inappropriately, that indicated an estimated mid-Jan return to service for this plane. The doc itself detailed the errors the driver made on the CLT ramp and reminded drivers of various safety protocols.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by onic
Looks like someone wanted to add this 332 to the PSA Heritage livery.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by phlwookie
There was an internal doc posted over on airliners.net, probably inappropriately, that indicated an estimated mid-Jan return to service for this plane. The doc itself detailed the errors the driver made on the CLT ramp and reminded drivers of various safety protocols.
Link please?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by LAXative
Link please?
I imagine he was referring to this:

Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I imagine he was referring to this:
Thanks. If turning the headlights towards the nosegear to light up the aircraft number is the "station norm," then maybe they should invest in some $20 Maglites.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by LAXative
Thanks. If turning the headlights towards the nosegear to light up the aircraft number is the "station norm," then maybe they should invest in some $20 Maglites.
Or these:

http://www.qmuniforms.com/golight-wi...mote-spotlight
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Piedmont767
It is an A330-200 and fortunately it happened during our seasonal international pulldown, where we go from our high A330-utilization summer to low winter seasons. So it does not effect any flights.
If this Aircraft is written off as many here in CLT are speculating, look for a transatlantic destination such as CLT-DUB to get down gauged to a 757. Also, I recently noticed that the second CLT- LHR flight is being discontinued in late October 2015. Does anyone have insight into why this flight is going seasonal or is being cancelled? Looks like the second PHL-LHR flight is still loaded into the res system through December 2015.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Cltfc
If this Aircraft is written off as many here in CLT are speculating, look for a transatlantic destination such as CLT-DUB to get down gauged to a 757. Also, I recently noticed that the second CLT- LHR flight is being discontinued in late October 2015. Does anyone have insight into why this flight is going seasonal or is being cancelled? Looks like the second PHL-LHR flight is still loaded into the res system through December 2015.
If N288AY is written off, then yes I see your point. But if I am not mistaken there is currently one A330-300 and one A330-200 not scheduled in the system for this summer, so if 288 is written off then that does not affect the summer schedule, no? Please correct me if I am wrong.

As for CLT-LHR, I still see 2x daily service scheduled through out October, November, December both on A330-300s. And I checked usairways.com, aa.com, kayak.com and other systems. Which system are you looking at that shows only one daily flight?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Piedmont767
If N288AY is written off, then yes I see your point. But if I am not mistaken there is currently one A330-300 and one A330-200 not scheduled in the system for this summer, so if 288 is written off then that does not affect the summer schedule, no? Please correct me if I am wrong.

As for CLT-LHR, I still see 2x daily service scheduled through out October, November, December both on A330-300s. And I checked usairways.com, aa.com, kayak.com and other systems. Which system are you looking at that shows only one daily flight?
Checked Sabre and Shares and I don't see the second Lhr flight after November 1, 2015. Also, no airline would ever schedule 100 percent of its fleet out in the event of a hull loss or if an aircraft is out of service for an extended period of time, that's why there is a spare aircraft left in both the A333 and A332 fleets. We saw this last year when am A 332 was out of service and a 767 was placed on Phl-Dub.

Last edited by Cltfc; Jan 11, 2015 at 7:46 am Reason: mistake made in date

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.