Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Per the US Airways website:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid.../upgrades.html

Upgrade notification
We send you an email the first time we try for an upgrade – no need to call. We'll continue to check for upgrades throughout the day and send follow up emails if we change your upgrade status – right up until 24 hours before your flight. If we're unable to upgrade your reservation up to 24 hours prior to departure, we'll process your upgrades when you check in online or at the airport (if they become available).

To be placed on the standby list choose the 'Add to standby list' link when you check in online. You'll only see the option to add yourself to the standby list if all passengers in your reservation are Preferred. If you're traveling with a companion, request that you and your companion be placed on the standby list at the airport.

Please check your Dividend Miles account to make sure we have your current email address.

Preferred upgrade priority – advance travel dates
When you purchase a full fare (Y or B class) economy ticket, you are eligible for an instant upgrade to First Class. After your reservation is ticketed, we will automatically attempt to upgrade you around the clock until a seat becomes available. We prioritize full fare economy tickets over all other fares.

If you book a discount fare (any fare other than Y or B class), we prioritize your upgrade by Preferred level and within each Preferred level, by the number of Preferred-qualifying miles you've flown on US Airways and US Airways Express operated flights in the last 12 months. We begin processing upgrades for all discount fares at either 7, 4, 3 or 2 days prior to departure, depending on Preferred level.

If we are unable to confirm an upgrade during our automated process, we'll try again when you check in for your flight. If seats are not available when you check in online, you can choose to be placed on the standby list.

To be placed on the standby list select the 'Add to standby list' link when checking in online. All passengers in your reservation must have Preferred status to have this option displayed at check in. If you are traveling with a companion, request that you and your companion be placed on the standby list at the airport.

Preferred upgrade priority – day of departure
•If we're unable to confirm an upgrade seat for you prior to departure, you may request an upgrade when you check in.
•Once check-in for a flight has begun, priority will be based upon Preferred level and then upon earliest check-in.
•Please advise the gate agent at the airport if you're traveling with a companion.

If no First Class seats are open when you check in at the airport, you'll have the option to be added to the standby list, but you must be the only person listed in your reservation.
If there are multiple Preferred members in one reservation, you must ask to have your reservation separated at the airport.
If you're traveling with a non-Preferred member, you will also need to have your reservation separated at the airport; however, your companion will no longer be eligible for a complimentary upgrade.

Companion upgrades
One non-Preferred traveling companion can upgrade when traveling on the same reservation as a Preferred member with a qualifying paid ticket. The companion will be upgraded at the same time as the Preferred member.

more info to add? click, "Edit Wikipost," and make the changes

Prior threads can be found here:
2014: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-merger/1538399-us-automatic-upgrades-elite-master-thread-2014-a-29.html
Older: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-merger/1128712-us-automatic-upgrades-elite-master-thread.html

New thread for AA program on US-operated flights:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-combined-airline-program/1675313-aa-upgrades-us-flights-new-program-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

US Automatic Upgrades (elite) [MASTER THREAD 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
Anyone else noticed, not getting email 7 days out for flights next Thursday and Friday? I didn't receive any email, no upgrades at this point and expert flyer is showing 5 upgrades (A) class available on one of my flights.

Does anyone know if because of the fare class alignment Feb 1st, if usairways is now going to the 100 hour window for CP upgrades (same as AA EXP upgrades)?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:36 am
cwu

Originally Posted by william142
Anyone else noticed, not getting email 7 days out for flights next Thursday and Friday? I didn't receive any email, no upgrades at this point and expert flyer is showing 5 upgrades (A) class available on one of my flights.

Does anyone know if because of the fare class alignment Feb 1st, if usairways is now going to the 100 hour window for CP upgrades (same as AA EXP upgrades)?
Yes, they are definitely experiencing some issues with the auto-upgrade system. I did not receive e-mails either T-7 and after speaking with Chariman's desk they manually processed my upgrade.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by cwu
Yes, they are definitely experiencing some issues with the auto-upgrade system. I did not receive e-mails either T-7 and after speaking with Chariman's desk they manually processed my upgrade.
Thanks for reporting this issue. Now I understand why many flights next week are showing almost complete availability in F. The change in fare class makes sense as my next flights are booked in O. The current system would see that as already having been upgraded. Guess I'll see when my next window opens on Monday. Hopefully since it'll be a new month they will have resolved this.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:40 am

Figured this was the problem. Expected to have my upgrade email this morning when I woke up but nothing. I was planning on calling but had the fare shift in mind the whole time. Glad you all have confirmed this. I will call in and have the upgrades processed manually.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:01 pm

Well, no luck today getting an agent to process the upgrade manually (flight on Tuesday, upgrade space available, currently within plat window). Neither agent could figure out why it hadn't cleared but couldn't do anything about it. The second said that it should process tonight at midnight but I don't put much faith in that.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond, National Emerald Executive
The emails have defiantly not been as timely. I am 2/6 on automatic upgrades, and 3/6 on manual at check in. That puts me at 5/6 for the year on US metal.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:23 am
cwu

Looks like they fixed it? Just got e-mail T-7 for return confirmed.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: US Silver, WN, Marriott Silver, Hyatt
Did not receive a notification email this morning at the Silver window flying DFW-BNA, not expecting one on the DFW-CLT leg as it is sold out, but would've thought I would receive one on CLT-BNA and at least gotten the email with the thumps down on the 1st or both legs.

We'll see if I get the email tomorrow for either Friday's or Saturday's flights that I have as well.

Last edited by ERAU_MBA_Student; Feb 4, 2015 at 10:13 am Reason: additional info
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:31 am

No upgrade email for next week. Call the CP line and they told me I was upgraded on the automated portion before you get to an agent. I checked on the website and it shows the upgrades cleared on all the flights.

Maybe the best thing to do is check the itinerary online before you call.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA, DL
US Automatic Upgrades (elite) [MASTER THREAD 2015]

Can someone give me the gold line number I don't have my card. Thx!!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by liwarren
Messaging you now
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA, DL
Thanks!!!!!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by liwarren
Just make sure you call from a number US has on file for you. My personal cell, office landline, and work cell all get auto-recognized, even if I call the main number.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Still not fixed for me. Upgrades did not process this morning (no email) for flights a week out, despite A inventory. Called and they forced one through (with A7) but were unwilling to force the other (with A1), giving the usual "need to let the computer run its course" refrain. Agent offered to "re-queue" me, so we'll see if that does any good...
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
I had issues earlier this week for a flight next week. Lots of A inventory but the upgrade didn't clear at the CP window. Agent on CP desk forced the upgrade. For my return flight the upgrade cleared at the window with no intervention required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.