Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Y connecting to AA F - which baggage allowance applies (both domestic)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

The title says it all really... I've tried to have a look around and search through previous posts but couldn't find an answer. I'm trying to max out my baggage allowance so want to (ideally) get at least 2 x 32kg and 1 x 23kg.

The flight in Y is operated by US Airways Express-SkyWest Airlines and doesnt have an F cabin. There is an alternative route that's all AA F, but it would mean an extra connection (which I'm fine with, but would be 60x3 tier points rather than 10 + 210 going with the Y + F route).

Any idea what will apply?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver
If it's all on one PNR, you should get the F baggage allowance.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Circuits
If it's all on one PNR, you should get the F baggage allowance.
Yeah, you'll get the F allowance. I have experienced exactly this situation a couple of times this year. If you get a grumpy / inexperienced agent, ask them to call for clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.