Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can't you add yourself to the standby list at a kiosk or online?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Why can't you add yourself to the standby list at a kiosk or online?

If you can add yourself to the upgrade list when checking in for a flight, why can't you also add yourself to a standby list, either at a kiosk or online?

So many US employees don't seem to like doing it and prefer to just say, "No seats are available" (even on flights that show no availability, but show a few seats not checked in, which often result in the top few people on the standby list getting seats).

Is there a specific reason why US hasn't added this function to its IT (other than just not prioritizing it)?

Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 9:14 pm
rec

Programs: AA, UA, NH
My thought is because of the whole MoveUp program. I can tell you that doing a MoveUp is very tricky for an agent to do in QIK.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:25 pm

I've never had an agent refuse or otherwise sway away from adding me to standby.

As for why cant you do it yourself, I'd wager it's just some computer code they didn't see value in.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Sakonnetview
I've never had an agent refuse or otherwise sway away from adding me to standby.
I have, this past Spring at RDU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.