Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CC Holder with Award Flight using BA Avios. Free checked bag?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:07 am
Original Poster

CC Holder with Award Flight using BA Avios. Free checked bag?

I am considering booking a one-way flight from OGG-LAS using BA Avios on USAir. I have the USAir Premier World Mastercard, which normally gives a free checked bag for me and up to 4 people on my itinerary.

Two questions:

1) Do I still get the same benefit, even if the flight was booked via BA?

2) If so, do I need to notify USAir ahead of time or just show them my cc at checkin?

Thanks,

FF
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I think all you need to do is change your FF# to usairways ff# and you should be all set.

I ain't 100% so it will be good if someone else can confirm.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:06 pm

I did this a couple months back. I changed the BA FF# to my US FF# and it offered me my free checked bags. I had to use one of the oneworld partner sites to change the number, can't remember which one worked off the top of my head though. I believe you can change it on the US site when you check in or if you call them.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
The manage my booking tool on the finnair website (using the BA PNR) allows you to add your USDM number. It's under passenger details.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by picards007
The manage my booking tool on the finnair website (using the BA PNR) allows you to add your USDM number. It's under passenger details.
That's no longer working for me. The FF# is there, but it doesn't allow modification. Anyone else seeing the same?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
That's no longer working for me. The FF# is there, but it doesn't allow modification. Anyone else seeing the same?
I noticed in your OP that you are "considering booking". The BA website only seems to allow attaching your BAEC number when booking. You can make changes to the FF# via the Finnair website after the flight is confirmed. Once you add your USDM number you should see the flight in your account within a few hours.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just want to see if this is still true...of course, I would be putting the AAdvantage number now instead of DM but still into a US SHARES PNR. Thanks.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
rj.com worked for me yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.