Search

US CP and PP: National Car Rental Status match to EC Executive

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold

I remember US giving me Emerald Club Executive to me awhile back automatically for being a PP. It ran out, so I was looking to see if there's a way I can get it.

I ran across this site in a Google search.

https://statusmatch.emeraldclub.com/usairways/

They'll match US PP and CP to Emerald Club Executive. Just put in your EC number, name, email address, and submit proof of your status. They list what's acceptable. If you don't want to upload it, you can fax it in.

They'll then get back to you if/when your match is approved.

I didn't see any match offers for AA, UA, or DL. If you drop the /usairways from the link, they offer matches from Hertz and Avis as well.

I got dropped back down to regular EC, so I figured this was worth a shot at keeping it. The Executive collection has turned out to be quite nice, and it's scored me some nicer upgrade offers at reduced rates.

Good luck!
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just wanted to report that National matched me back up to Emerald Elite by emailing screenshots of my temporary CP card as well as the DM summary page showing CP status.

It took about a week.

^ to National.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:53 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Be advised there may be a limit to how many times you can do this.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Joshua
Be advised there may be a limit to how many times you can do this.
Always a possibility. I have EC regardless until 2037 so not getting it isn't a huge deal. Worst case, they tell you no and you earn it the old fashioned way.

As it doesn't seem to be offered with AA, the deal may disappear entirely somewhere down the road.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite

The t&c indicate once- only. I had used this when first announced, missed re-upping by one day, filled out the form, and was approved again.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sam I Am
The t&c indicate once- only. I had used this when first announced, missed re-upping by one day, filled out the form, and was approved again.
Interesting. So use it wisely.

US had already done this once last year - it just gave PP and CP Executive status. I figured this was a way of continuing it.

If it's once only, I'll enjoy this year. I already had some nice choices with it this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.