Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways BoA Visa changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:38 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by aau
Do you have the Barclays US Airways MC already?
Never mind. I thought because I already had the Barclays no-fee and World Elite US Airways MC, my Visa would not be converted. No dice. Letter was in the mail when I arrived home.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: UA Silver, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
Customer service is not trained to respond yet

I have a US Airways Visa from BoA and a US Airways World Elite MC from Barclays.

I received the letter about the conversion of my Visa to the MC. Since I already have the MC, I called customer service (Barclays) to ask about their intentions.

They told me that Barclays didn't send the letter (though Barclays is written on most of the literature), and that it wasn't sent from a Barclay's address (it was.)

Since that was a dead end, I sent a secure message to them through their website. Hopefully the reps will be brought up to speed soon.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Same here. I'm just going to cancel and either get a BofA travel rewards card or an AA card with the sign on bonus. I've always preferred a Visa to a MasterCard -- not sure it really matters in the real world though. Does it?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Same terrible news here.

Can we spend $25k in the first few weeks of January and get 10,000 Preferred miles? Or since the end of the card is January 26, would the 10k Preferred miles probably not be granted until after then (so we couldn't)?

If I can't get Preferred miles next year, I might as well go ahead and cancel the card.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:25 pm

Any chance someone can post a scan?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by nall
Any chance someone can post a scan?
Given that snail mail is the worst way to get in touch with me, I'd apprectiate that as well.

I have no real desire to deal with Barclay's, so I assume I just will cancel the BoA card. I just hope that still doesn't trigger getting a Barclay's card.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:01 am

Heh, I just saw the big welcome sign for BofA US customers when signing into my Barclaycard. This is interesting because w/ the merger, Barclay is the next on the list of banks to be ousted by AA, so I'm wondering when AA will stop selling points to Barclay and you'll get tossed around again.

This is a rather interesting conversion, I wonder how it'll reflect on credit reports (open dates, whether it's a new trade line, etc).

For the BofA loyalists, this is a blow, but I've found my short stay so far at Barclaycard to be pretty good. They were quick to match signup offers that they increased after I signed up myself, and free FICO scores is always appreciated as well. Their website is a little archaic, but functional.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:13 am

Got my letter too... Along with the $90 annual fee. ...?? How can they charge that when after 2 more weeks BofA won't even be handling my account anymore?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I canceled yesterday. They made no effort to keep me (but why would they?).
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
I canceled yesterday. They made no effort to keep me (but why would they?).
I think a Barclay MasterCard is still going to show up though - the letter I got says that all accounts in good standing as of Nov 20th would. I just plan to let the BOA card expire on 1/26 and destroy the Barclay card when it shows up.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: US Airways, American Airlines, United
If your anniversary is in January, you may want to consider holding off on cancellation since there is a possibility that you may get a companion certificate. My anniversary date for my Barclays card is January and they have indicated that I will get one.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Has anyone else holding the BofA USDM Visa signature received their replacement USDM Barclay Mastercard yet? I know our switchover date is coming up pretty soon, and I had expected to receive mine by now (and will be traveling soon and over that date). For those that had, or if you know otherwise, do you know whether:

1. We would keep our existing credit limits?
2. They are waiving the annual fee since I just paid B of A in November?
3. We qualify for the 50k signup bonus they are advertising, and if not, will they match this current offer?
4. Can we still get the 10k PQMs this year at $25k spend until they get rid of it (or have they already turned that feature off)?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:54 pm

Great questions. I too am anxiously awaiting my new replacement card.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:01 pm

Got my replacement card today. Same credit limit as before with Visa/BofA. That's it.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LUS DM CP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Emerald Exec
Still have not received replacement (5 days out) which doesn't bode well for future service but will have to see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.