Wiki Posts
Search

Taking some food from Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Motel 6, LLO Titanium
Taking some food from Lounge

So is there any policy on taking the spare apple or two, coffee, etc, from the US Airways lounge...?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
The policy is NOT to do it. But I'm certain it happens.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I never feel bad when I take the leftovers if I grab a couple of snacks and sit down with a real intention of eating them. I don't think I would stuff my pockets full on the way out the door, though.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:58 pm

I often grab one bag of chips and one of the packs of Milanos or other cookies, but no more than that. I wouldn't want to be seen walking away with more than just one or two things.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond;Emerald Club Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cactus47
I often grab one bag of chips and one of the packs of Milanos or other cookies, but no more than that. I wouldn't want to be seen walking away with more than just one or two things.
Agreed, I've taken a snack and/or a cup of coffee with me and I've never had any problems. But if you fill your bags, I hope they'll stop you.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I don't think there's anything wrong with taking your fair share. A bag of chips, pack of cookies, cup of coffee etc. sounds normal as it's all something you would realistically consume in the lounge.

Back during their selling beverage days I used to ask for an unopened can of Cran Apple to go and then hit up the FA for a cup of ice on the plane. It used to annoy the FAs to no end
Old Jun 15, 2011, 4:52 pm

Especially if your connecting time is short so you can't spend much time in the lounge, a snack and coffee on the go make sense.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by Mosaic
So is there any policy on taking the spare apple or two, coffee, etc, from the US Airways lounge...?
Club rules only state a simple request ...

•We ask that you not remove any snacks, beverages, newspapers or magazines from the club.
A request, but far from a "Thou shall not" command. As in much of life, moderation and common sense should prevail
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Taking a few snacks is perfectly fine.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Taking a few snacks is perfectly fine.
I've done the math, and if I value a bag of SunChips at $1 I only need to remove 259 of them over the course of my membership to net it out. Of course, I'm going to need to increase my visits to the club to do this without being tacky.

However, if we start valuing them at only $0.50 per bag then I'm in big trouble.

All kidding aside, I have no problem whatsoever with taking a Flavia drink to go or grabbing a cookie or bag of chips for my next flight (especially if in coach).

There are stories of people in the UA (or was it DL?) clubs sticking bags underneath the hamster food dispensers and filling them up with snacks - that's tacky and inappropriate.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 5:02 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
I figure a couple cookies wouldn't be frowned
on, but doing a RCC-type scavenge would be
beyond the pale, as others indicate. Anyhow,
if they minded people taking a cup of coffee,
they wouldn't offer go-cups.

And, to further illustrate that the cited rule is
honored only in the breach if at all, many of
the periodicals carry prominent stickers that
say "Compliments of US Airways."
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by CMK10
I don't think there's anything wrong with taking your fair share. A bag of chips, pack of cookies, cup of coffee etc. sounds normal as it's all something you would realistically consume in the lounge.

Back during their selling beverage days I used to ask for an unopened can of Cran Apple to go and then hit up the FA for a cup of ice on the plane. It used to annoy the FAs to no end
Not as annoying as charging for water

I used to ask for a cup of ice and let it melt.... seriously, I spend 10K on this airline a year and I can't have a cup of water? Good thing US bagged that after all the horrible press..... It doesn't justify their bad ranking on CR, but it made alot of bad blood with infrequent flyers... I have coworkers who still think they charge....
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
I'm probably the only one eating the apples anyway, so they don't seem to mind when I walk out the door with one in my hand.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Just make sure the forks and spoons are packed separately from the glasses on your way out the door
Old Jun 17, 2011, 8:06 pm

Last time I was in the B/C lounge in PHL, a guy filled his duffle bag with bags of snacks. I can't recall whether they were chips or something else but I really could believe it. He totally cleaned out bags from two of the bowls. I so wanted to say something to him but my husband said to mind my own business so I let it go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.