Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS Boeing 757-200 (B75H Hawaii version) [RETIRED FROM FLEET]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways / America West 757-2S7 ("B75H") to / from Hawai'i
Returning to Lessor mid-2018

This "West" or "Hawaii" (B75H) (ex-HP) aircraft is distinguished by offering 14 First class seats (2x2 across, 38" pitch, ~20" width reclining seats), 176 standard "Main Cabin" / economy seats (3x3 across, 32" pitch, 17" width) including 10? exit row seats designated Main Cabin Extra.

These aircraft are being retired from AA service and returned to their lessor and will be replaced by the Legacy U. S. Airways "East" (non-HP, US 757-2B7 / B57E with 12 "Envoy" angled flat 2 x 2 seats in First, 164 standard "Main Cabin" seats with 12 exit row seats designated MCE, beginning in April 2018. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

No power, no IFE; at least the LHP "West" 752s (like the LAA "Eisenhower" F seats) have no head rests.

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS Boeing 757-200 (B75H Hawaii version) [RETIRED FROM FLEET]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by john doe iii
I'll be on the flight from PHX to HNL in a few days... can somebody confirm if this aircraft is the same configuration they use to Cancun from Phoenix? Is there a divider between row 5 and 8 (kind of like a 2nd cabin after FC)?

Thanks.
Indeed, it is.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
4D/F or 2D/F?

Hi all,
Normally a UA flyer but upgraded my flight (for $50 no less!) for my gf and I from Kauai to PHX. We are currently in 4D/F on the 757-200 with no row 1. Seats 2D/F are free. I am a leg room junkie, as I'm a tall dude. Should I switch? We will be sleeping as its a night flight. Does 4D/F have less recline??

Thanks for the help!!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL UA AS
We were in 2A/C coming back from HNL and 2D/F looked like great seats. There are cutouts in the bottom of the bulkhead closet that give 2D/F storage space or added room for your feet.

Originally Posted by Izz24703
Hi all,
Normally a UA flyer but upgraded my flight (for $50 no less!) for my gf and I from Kauai to PHX. We are currently in 4D/F on the 757-200 with no row 1. Seats 2D/F are free. I am a leg room junkie, as I'm a tall dude. Should I switch? We will be sleeping as its a night flight. Does 4D/F have less recline??

Thanks for the help!!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Flew a West 757 PHX-CLT this past weekend. Standard domestic F product, with the added benefit of a functioning ashtray in the armrest. Alas, the "no smoking" light remained illuminated the whole trip.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Flew on this plane from PHX-DCA, complete with America West bulkhead designs. Chose 10F and can't stress what a poor choice that was. I had 10F on the 321 going out to PHX. That was a great seat. 10F on the 757 puts the exit door where your feet would be. No bueno.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 3:33 pm

On flight 432 PHX-OGG in March - are seats 10 a and 10 c ok?? exit row correct?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat
Originally Posted by off2rome
On flight 432 PHX-OGG in March - are seats 10 a and 10 c ok?? exit row correct?
Yes those are exit seats, but 10A is just as bad as 10F. It seems nice when you board, but once they close the door the exit slide takes up all your leg room and you have to angle your legs toward 10B.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by seratonin7
Yes those are exit seats, but 10A is just as bad as 10F. It seems nice when you board, but once they close the door the exit slide takes up all your leg room and you have to angle your legs toward 10B.
Yeah, 9 is the only row I'd book in from now on if I'm on the 75.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Dreamworks
I've sat in the row directly behind the mid-cabin lav. It was a while ago, but the aisle seats had tons of legroom.

Have they added another row here, like they're doing on the A321?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
PHX-HNL

I am flying PHX-HNL Sunday and from everything I've read I am setting expectations very low, so maybe it won't be too bad. Obviously no WiFi, but what about overhead monitor for a movie or power at the seats in first for laptop (movies such the life out of my battery). Dinner flight so I will assume standard chicken or pasta? Had the good fortune to fly LAX-HNL earlier in the year on Delta 757 with the transcom business configuration. Oh well,
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: AC*E, A3*S, SPG Gold
Anyone have experience with row 5? Booked my flights late and these are the only seats available without paying.

Seatguru says the aisle seat has leg room due to the bulkhead not going all the way to the aisle, but is there a cutout for the other seats so one can get a bit of stretch in the legs?

Been on these 757s a few times to Hawaii and am of the opinion that while they certainly aren't fancy, they do the job well and are as comfortable as any 757 in coach. Plus PHX is a great airport to transfer through in the winter.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by nccarguy
I am flying PHX-HNL Sunday and from everything I've read I am setting expectations very low, so maybe it won't be too bad. Obviously no WiFi, but what about overhead monitor for a movie or power at the seats in first for laptop (movies such the life out of my battery). Dinner flight so I will assume standard chicken or pasta? Had the good fortune to fly LAX-HNL earlier in the year on Delta 757 with the transcom business configuration. Oh well,
There are LCD monitors on the bulkheads in F. I can't remember if there is an overhead one for the passengers in row 4...I always book 2D, and the monitor is right in front of me.

The seats are (extra) classic F seats with no power ports or other frills.

In my experience, the meals to Hawaii tend to be a little different than the standard domestic meals. When we went in August, I think the choices were beef teriyaki, some kind of salmon, or pasta. I think US tries to make them a little more island-ish with pineapple, papaya, etc. And, the food has always been really good on my flights.

Safe travels, and have a blast in Hawaii. (Jealous)
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dreamworks
Just got back from HNL and sat in row 9 with my wife both ways. It was great on the way out, but not sure I'd book row 9 again for the redeye back home -- they don't recline and the flight attendant bumped into me every single time he walked by just because there's nothing in front of the aisle seat.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by USFlyer26
There are LCD monitors on the bulkheads in F. I can't remember if there is an overhead one for the passengers in row 4...I always book 2D, and the monitor is right in front of me.

The seats are (extra) classic F seats with no power ports or other frills.

In my experience, the meals to Hawaii tend to be a little different than the standard domestic meals. When we went in August, I think the choices were beef teriyaki, some kind of salmon, or pasta. I think US tries to make them a little more island-ish with pineapple, papaya, etc. And, the food has always been really good on my flights.

Safe travels, and have a blast in Hawaii. (Jealous)

Was on flight 20. We arrived 1 hour early, wow, didn't think that's was possible! FA was great with textbook service. Must have walked through the cabin every 10 minutes. I think seats were THE first F seats with almost no recline. Played two movies. Not the best hard product, but again service was outstanding.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, American Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Assume 9 D/E are still the best seats in coach for my wife and I?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.