Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked in online, still zone 5

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2010, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ariyo15
Just did an ONCI for my four-segment PHL-BTR (hsj) mini-run tomorrow and I don't understand something...

Almost all of the flights gave me Zone 2, EXCEPT my first leg (PHL-CLT) showed up Zone 1. Any reason that would happen?
Were you possibly in a bulkhead seat or an exit row on a 321 or 757 on the PHL/CLT flight? If you were, then thats why you would have gotten a zone 1.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Ahh... Yes, exit row. Thanks.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drewguy
If they've checked the bag then presumably they're not taking up space from you (or a lot less).

How about they just start enforcing the limits and telling anyone who has a large rollaboard that the second bag has to go under the seat?
The point is not exactly about the OHB space. I am more annoyed that even MORE people crowd to get on the plane with legitimate zone 1 people. It is hard enough to fight my way through to get past all of the Platinums or lower who are clinging to the gate.

They DO tell people to put their second bag under the seats, but not everyone does. There is really no way to enforce that.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by honeytoes
The point is not exactly about the OHB space.
Then what is the point. If you don't care about OHB space, then why do you care if you are the last person on the plane. That would seem to be a plus to me.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
I am more annoyed that even MORE people crowd to get on the plane with legitimate zone 1 people. It is hard enough to fight my way through to get past all of the Platinums or lower who are clinging to the gate.
Platinums and Golds are legitimate Zone 1's I believe. So enforcing boarding order won't remove these folks from the crowding.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 6:13 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
The point is not exactly about the OHB space. I am more annoyed that even MORE people crowd to get on the plane with legitimate zone 1 people. It is hard enough to fight my way through to get past all of the Platinums or lower who are clinging to the gate.

They DO tell people to put their second bag under the seats, but not everyone does. There is really no way to enforce that.
DYKWIA syndrome? Or, in this case, DWCWYA (Do we care who you are)? No, we don't.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by lougord99
Then what is the point. If you don't care about OHB space, then why do you care if you are the last person on the plane. That would seem to be a plus to me.
Late boarders often find their seats poached.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by SS255
Late boarders often find their seats poached.
Shouldn't be an issue if you've got a boarding pass showing the seat assignment. I've got no problem politely reminding someone that they are in my seat, and won't settle for a last-minute "we didn't think you'd mind switching so we went ahead and did it" kind of thing unless it's the kind of switch I'd have agreed to if asked in advance.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Yes, there is.

"Is this your laptop/backpack/purse/blazer/bag of fries?"
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
There are some ways they could do that--e.g., give everyone a tag at the gate, but only one tag. Only tagged bags go in the OHB. Not saying it's worth doing, but it could be enforced. Or the "personal item" could mean that, not a second huge bag.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:28 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by drewguy
There are some ways they could do that--e.g., give everyone a tag at the gate, but only one tag. Only tagged bags go in the OHB. Not saying it's worth doing, but it could be enforced. Or the "personal item" could mean that, not a second huge bag.
try telling that to women these days who carry their daggum carry-on-looking bags with them to the store and back.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:34 am
Suspended

Gate Lice

Originally Posted by mrredskin
you're also going to be one of those that stands in front of everyone else in zones 1-4 while they're trying to board, aren't you? absolutely ridiculous what some of you people will do just to board a minute or two sooner.
Yes. Yes. You are part of our gate lice problem.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:11 am

Get a USair credit card. You get Zone 2 boarding whenever you fly USair. So do your travel companions
Old Oct 13, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mrredskin
DYKWIA syndrome? Or, in this case, DWCWYA (Do we care who you are)? No, we don't.
Bite me. That is not what I mean. Good grief, man, get a clue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.