Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BoFA US Airways 99 Companion Certificate Fee?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:13 am
Original Poster

BoFA US Airways 99 Companion Certificate Fee?

Any one else have to pay the "$10 administrative fee" for each ticket charged by US Airways when using the certificate? You cannot book the ticket on-line, so when you call they charge you $10 for booking with an agent.

I asked them to waive it, they refused. Anyone else have a similar story?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:19 am

Programs: nwa united delta
Yes, you have to pay the service fee. It still is a steal and no hassle.
I paid for 1 revenue and got two companions 99 each + service, all
in one recrod locator. Called again and managed to get the record
split into three different numbers since the revenue ticket is for work.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:38 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
Welcome to Flyertalk!

I'll go ahead and move this to the US Air forum.

Regards,

Flipside
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I got my fee waived by saying I tried to do it online first.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Nicksta
I got my fee waived by saying I tried to do it online first.
*laughs* some of the people on FT really are very comical and clever and innovative
Old Mar 12, 2007, 9:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I'm glad somebody appreciates the humor of airline travel. I try to take it all in stride.

BTW, it wasn't a joke. Actually, as I remember it, the booking agent suggested that since I couldn't book it online, they couldn't charge me the fee.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Nicksta
I'm glad somebody appreciates the humor of airline travel. I try to take it all in stride.

BTW, it wasn't a joke. Actually, as I remember it, the booking agent suggested that since I couldn't book it online, they couldn't charge me the fee.
Hmm...what a clever RTO Agent ;o
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:30 pm

The official anwser is no.

For bookings that cannot be done online or vouchers there is no fee.

Here it is directly from US Airways.

Service Fees
Ticketing Fee

US Airways adds a $10 fee for tickets purchased through the Reservations Desk and a $20 fee for tickets issued at airport and city ticket offices. The fees do not apply to any tickets purchased or redeemed on usairways.com. The following types of tickets are exempt from the fee:

US Airways Travel vouchers
Military fares
Interline and code share tickets (except Hawaiian Airlines and Mesa Airlines)
Government fares
US Airways gift cards and gift certificates
US Airways Guaranteed Airfare vouchers
US Airways Future Travel Awards
US Airways Air Checks
US Airways Vacation packages

Found On:

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...taxesfees.aspx

The $99 companion certs from BoA and Juniper/Barclays are Travel Vouchers.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:44 am

Thanks for the info King. I am now going to call US back and try to get that fee refunded (the first time I called they refused, but I did not have any backup).

Also, it's pretty pathetic that they can advertise a $99 companion cert. With all of the other fees and taxes, my companion tickets cost $118 each (not including the additional $10 per ticket they are trying to charge for having to do it over the phone).

UPDATE: I was on with US for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I was on with reservations, refunds, some other higher level of CS and then dividend miles. Each rep told me that someone else needs to authorize the refund. When I was on with the other level of CS and informed them that it was the refunds department that transferred me, his reply was "crazy, that is crazy". The dividend miles rep told me that they would be able to authorize the refund, but she couldn't find the $10/ticket charge because my confirmation code was issued "after the system was purged" and she had no way of proving that I was ever charged that $30! The DM rep did go on to confirm that the $10/ticket should never have been charged and she hypothesized that it was "those east coast people that screwed this up". We left off only a tiny bit closer to getting me my whopping $30 back: I need to find the confirmation code that was originally issued with the reservation (before the code was changed to the one I knew) and then call back.

So frustrating! Such a waste of time. On the one hand, I want to screw it and give up, on the other hand, there is the principal of the matter and I don't want anyone to take my money. Blood pressure is UP!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by batboy; Mar 13, 2007 at 1:06 pm
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:55 pm

Wait, my tickets were $118, but she told me it may be a glitch. I think I got hosed after all.

Better not waste too much time thinking about it.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 2:47 pm

I am FUMING. All over $30. At this point, I've invested too much time NOT to continue with this and get my $30 back.

Since I last posted over 1 hour and 30 minutes ago, I have been on with US. I don't know how many CSRs they have, but I think I have spoken to all of them. If this is the "new USAirways" then they can keep it.

I have now spoken to multiple reps from sales, internet tech support, dividend miles, customer service, refunds and revenue and accounting. Nobody seems to know how to refund my money. Half of the reps I've spoken to think it appropriate to charge the extra $10 per ticket even though they make you call to reserve the tickets. The other half agree that the refund is necessary, but they can't do it. An SP rep (I'm SP) transferred me to a non-working number! The last rep I spoke to sympathized with me and agreed to find the right person in customer service to help me. After 28 minutes on hold, he came back and said "you aren't going to believe this, but I still can't get anyone to take my call, and I'm a senior sales rep!"

I am in a murderous rampage. Please someone talk me down.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by batboy
I am FUMING. All over $30. At this point, I've invested too much time NOT to continue with this and get my $30 back.

Since I last posted over 1 hour and 30 minutes ago, I have been on with US. I don't know how many CSRs they have, but I think I have spoken to all of them. If this is the "new USAirways" then they can keep it.

I have now spoken to multiple reps from sales, internet tech support, dividend miles, customer service, refunds and revenue and accounting. Nobody seems to know how to refund my money. Half of the reps I've spoken to think it appropriate to charge the extra $10 per ticket even though they make you call to reserve the tickets. The other half agree that the refund is necessary, but they can't do it. An SP rep (I'm SP) transferred me to a non-working number! The last rep I spoke to sympathized with me and agreed to find the right person in customer service to help me. After 28 minutes on hold, he came back and said "you aren't going to believe this, but I still can't get anyone to take my call, and I'm a senior sales rep!"

I am in a murderous rampage. Please someone talk me down.
How about a kool aid? fresh from Tempe...
Old Apr 14, 2007, 1:52 pm

When I called to use my $99 certificate, I was told that a $10 fee per ticket would be charged on top of the total fare that I was quoted. The agent told me that these certificates are not considered vouchers. However, the $10 fees have yet to appear on my credit card!!!???
Old Apr 14, 2007, 2:21 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Just go back to the airport if you can and talk to a ticket agent - they hand out vouchers like candy if you find a nice agent and provide a legitimate excuse, and yours would certainly seem to qualify. A $25 baggage voucher or AirCheckPlus would pretty much equal the refund you seek, assuming of course you want to fly on US again.

The $99 Companion Certificates are a very good deal, but a very big hassle - I redeemed them once and now just give them to friends and family - I don't want to waste my time jumping through the hoops.

Good luck!

Sean

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.