Wiki Posts
Search

Problems logging into DM acct

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Gold, HH gold
Problems logging into DM acct

Anyone else getting locked out of their DM accts? I try to log in and get the error message telling me:
--------------------------------------
Here's what happened:
We are unable to locate a Dividend Miles account using the information you provided.

Two or more of your frequent flyer accounts have recently been merged. You are attempting to use the inactive account number.
Here's how to fix it:
Please try again. If you maintained a FlightFund or Dividend Miles account prior to May 22, 2006, please try again using your other account log-in information.

If you need help, please call our 24-hour Internet Help Desk at 1-800-327-7810.
-----------------
My only other acct name was my actual DM# before they made me go through the process of setting up the username on the new site. Anyone else getting this? I tried the username/pw recorvery tool they have and of course that didn't work either.

Just trying to plan my morning for how long I'll be on the phone and how many reps I'll need to talk to in order to log in again.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 7:33 am

Same here....maybe I should check my SkyMiles balance and see if I'm a newly minted Gold Medallion
Old Nov 16, 2006, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1k, Qantas, Delta, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Yup, it's down, and been down all morning. I called: help desk says maybe it will be accessible within 30 minutes. The emphasis was on "maybe".
Old Nov 16, 2006, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Gold, HH gold
Thanks! It would ne nice if they tuned up their error messages to reflect the real issue. I'm sure they'll have that all figured out for the next merger.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
I just called and was told to check back in a few hours.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 7:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I called about 3.5 hours ago and was told it would be back up shortly. I finally decided to join the US Air club today as well, and I get an error when I try to fill out the membership application.....
Old Nov 16, 2006, 7:55 am

It's back up now (at least for me)
Old Nov 16, 2006, 8:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Me too....and unfortunately my miles are the same as yesterday. I was hoping maybe they would mysteriously give me a few extra preferred miles!
Old Nov 16, 2006, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
I mysteriously stopped receiving correspondence from US Airways...statements, communication on the website improvements, Delta merger, etc. So today I decide to review my profile online and _________________ where my email address should be!! Gone! Even better, when you go to change online profile information, the email address is not even a field which you can populate!! Why not allow a user to change the email address in one's profile?

My email address was correctly input in the Booking Information area, but not in the profile. Hence, my email preferences were "None." Frustrating.

CP Desk could not help...they had the correct email address on file. So I was referred to USAirways.com support and the rep supposedly worked it out.

She indicated at that time (11:40 AM EST) that the site would be down for a good part of today and to check my profile tomorrow.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 6:19 pm

Programs: USAir Preferred, Marriott Platinum
Yes! That keeps happening to me too. Aggravating as hell!!!!

I was told to create a new account after all the merger stuff was supposedly complete and working, though when trying to do that it wouldnt work either cause "theres already an account with my dm #". Well, of course it is, its mine...LOL

I still cannot get logged in as of today, though I havent checked it in awhile now.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Plat, NW Silver, US CP
This AM no one, REPEAT NO ONE could access their DM acounts due to the latest fixes being loaded. This was from Web Tech Support, it is working now folks.

A competent IT Department that actually gave a rat's rear end about customers would have advised them on the home page or sent elites an e-mail notification.

Just another slap in the face to those of us who generate the 43% Revenue Premium that DP likes so well.

Instead what did they do? Cause HUNDREDS of phone calls for no valid business reason.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Qantas, Delta, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Chairman_John
A competent IT Department that actually gave a rat's rear end about customers would have advised them on the home page or sent elites an e-mail notification.
Instead what did they do? Cause HUNDREDS of phone calls for no valid business reason.
Completely agree. It's puzzling that with the site down for multiple hours no one bothered to even put a meaningful error message up. In the grand scheme of things, this website problem doesn't matter: I don't care if I'm locked out of my DM account for a few hours, and I'm sure I'll forget about it tomorrow. But it should take maybe a minute of effort to put a notice on the site, and either nobody cared enough or nobody was capable enough.

The help desk agent I spoke with this morning sounded frustrated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.