Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Barclay Master Card Lounge Access Perk

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:27 am
Original Poster

US Barclay Master Card Lounge Access Perk

I have a few questions concerning the one day lounge access pass that you get with the US Dividend Miles Barclay Master Card. According to the terms I am allowed one guest when using this pass. Will I also be able to bring my 16 year old daughter with me along with my wife when accessing a lounge without having to pay any extra charges?

Another question is can I access the US lounge when flying another airline?

And finally, will I be able to access the AA lounge at LAX using my one time US Barclay Master Card day pass?

Since I have a couple trips coming up that I will have a chance to use this pass I am trying to figure out which time I should use it.

Thanks for any clarification.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
I don't have the pass infront of me at the moment but I believe the pass is for 1 or 2 guests (at least 1 for sure). I am not sure of any special rules for minors.

You are able to acess the US lounge if you're flying another airline, however keep in mind all monitors/announcements in the lounge are most likely going to be exclusive to US Fligthts. Not to mention a US lounge is probably no where near where your gate would be for the other airline, if it's a large airport.

That said I would be shocked if AA (or a *Alliance airline prior to 3/30) would let you in their club with the MC day pass. A US Club Day Pass through MC does not = a "membership". Memberships are useable in the other clubs but not the day passes. I've never tested this myself but I am basing my response on the number of questions I've read on this forum regarding this situation.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by tag1084
I don't have the pass in front of me at the moment but I believe the pass is for 1 or 2 guests (at least 1 for sure). ...
Welcome to FlyerTalk, tag1084 ^

The Barclays complimentary day pass includes one guest. For a US Club member (who can already have 2 guests), it lets an additional 2 guests in.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I will be traveling this summer through LAX with a long layover on AA and was wondering if it would be better to wait and use it there in the AA lounge. The other choice I have is I am flying on WN this w/e out of PIT with the family where I believe the lounge to be somewhat centrally located but I could be wrong. I was just trying to figure out which trip to use my pass.

At any rate thanks for the help.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
The US Club in PIT is infact centrally located and the airside terminal itself isn't that large compared to LAX or any other US/AA Hub. You could easilly access the US Club at PIT regardless of which airline you are flying.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

A data point: I was able to access the PIT club with my credit card and ID and was also allowed to bring my wife and 17 year old daughter. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.