Wiki Posts
Search

Free GoGo on A321 June 1-8

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
Free GoGo on A321 June 1-8

From the US Airways website, there's an announcement which I didn't see posted on FT. This might be useful to people traveling this week.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...lam_00842&re=1

The timeframe for free Wifi is 12 AM June 1 through 11:59 PM (central daylight saving time) June 8, 2010.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Cool. I'll be trying it tonight on my 8:30pm PHL-PHX segment, and again on Saturday night on the 11:10pm redeye from PHX-CLT.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Nothing, Marriott Gold
The other interesting part about that email was the rollout to 321's is complete.

I wonder if they will begin working on their other aircraft?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: Various
Sweet! I have 5 hours of A321 flights before June 8 - it will be great to try this out.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by GoodOmens
I wonder if they will begin working on their other aircraft?
The 321's are something of a large test to see whether they'll retrofit the rest of the mainline fleet.

Jim
Old Jun 2, 2010, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.175 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I hope they do, but without power ports they are at a disadvantage compared to carriers that still have power.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
I'm currently on flight 257 PHL-PHX using the inflight WIFI. I've activated it on both my laptop and my iPhone.

My experience so far, surfing the net is great. Speeds are surprisingly good, but... I haven't been able to stream any video.

As for the iPhone, I've tried installing a few apps, the download speeds are dialup slow, if not worse. That said, using the WIFI in apps like FlightTrack Pro or Flight Update pro is pretty quick. Finally the live map features are useful in flight! We're currently near the Texas/New Mexico border, 30,000 feet up, flying at 496mph and 543 miles from PHX.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:35 am

Programs: US Airways Divident Miles Silver Preferred, Choice Hotels, Hilton Honors, Hyatt Gold Passport
I may have to try out this WiFi on my Saturday night SAN-CLT redeye and on my Tuesday evening return flight.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 6:35 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Looking forward to trying out the wi-fi on my CLT-TPA flight this Saturday evening!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:11 am

Kirby said rolling it out fleet wide will depend completely on usage, they need high single digit use rate to roll it out to all the aircraft.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I am posting from 30,000 feet via this service now. It is incredibly fast (surprisingly so) -- and everyone around me seems to be using it.

This transcon would normally cost $12.95, but is free this week if you enter the promo code on the home page. The guy next to me didn't see it -- so he paid for it. doh!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 3:42 pm

Is the promo code displayed on the home page or do you have to get it from somewhere? I cant wait to try this out on Saturday!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 4:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Is the promo code displayed on the home page or do you have to get it from somewhere? I cant wait to try this out on Saturday!
It's on the login/signup page and is pretty obvious, but just in case it is WIFIONUS.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
It's on the login/signup page and is pretty obvious, but just in case it is WIFIONUS.
Cool. Thanks for the info. I would make sure to check the login page properly anyway but good to have the code in advance!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; AC 75k; UA Gold; Bonvoy Ambassador; Hertz Presidents Circle; Hilton Diamond
Using it right now - PHL to SFO....

It is free - and it is surprisingly fast for surfing. Video streaming NOT good (which I was kind of hoping for due to lack of in-flight entertainment)......

I'm in F and literally everybody in the F cabin is using it - the gentleman next to me is actually using two devices (laptop and iPhone).

Interesting factoid - it must work on some sort of "node" technology, since as we are moving West and I refresh the Yahoo home page the "local" news pages shift (from PIT to Chicago, etc.).

All FT'ers - use this please so the numbers merit management installing this fleet-wide ....

Grunion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.